Transfer News Ahmed Kashi

As always, I reserve opinion until I've seen him play. One of those ones that could go either way.
Good luck to the geezer anyway!

Last edited:
Best of luck and welcome.

I will wait till we see him in action, maybe others who find fault in everything could try the same!

Majority of decent players aren't available until end of the window when there club has strengthened. Don't know what's hard to understand about that
I’ll keep that in mind, when we have signed the dregs.

A decent signing who adds depth. While not a STRIKER, still gives us what we need in the squad

Torn muscle in the arch of his right foot.

Thank you.

Although he has been regularly involved (starting and substitute) with Troyes 1st team from 31st October to the 21st December* (when their winter break started) which implies he is now match fit. So I assume the injury was earlier in the season based on those stats.

*From Soccerway which lists his individual appearances as 4 starts and 7 sub appearances playing a total of 519 mins in the period mentioned above. There was only 1 occasion when he didn't come off the bench as he was selected on the bench 8 times.

At the end of the day, call it what you will. It is a KR signing, and for many of the reasons listed, I will lower, significantly, any of my expectations.

I'll wait until I see him play before passing judgement on whether he is a good signing or not.

The comments below the Oxford Mail article are laughable, complaining about the signing. I bet these were the same people who moaned when MApp first signed Roofe on loan as there was plenty then.

KR has already explained why he wants another defensive midfielder so that he can rest Mous. KR has also explained that he wants some more experience in the dressing room.

And it is hardly surprising he goes for a player he knows considering our position so he will know what he is likely going to get, on and off the pitch. Further, Kashi already knows this level which takes out that unknown.

Good post.

This is not just a YF thing, but increasingly in this country sensible people are having to constantly explain the most obvious things to everyone because these people are unable to process information correctly by not considering the bigger picture sometimes, or grasping basic common sense about the world around them. They just sound off on message boards and cause uproar that then other people have to respond to.

Does Kashi also give us the option of 442 with perhaps Mous alongside Kashi as a solid middle, 2 wingers and a couple of strikers up front - or perhaps Henry just behind.

Majority of decent players aren't available until end of the window when there club has strengthened. Don't know what's hard to understand about that
All of it.
So what are these teams strengthening with if all the decent players are not available until later?
Do they bring in dregs to then give them the opportunity to off load their better players later.
There must be some decent players going early in the window.

Good post.

This is not just a YF thing, but increasingly in this country sensible people are having to constantly explain the most obvious things to everyone because these people are unable to process information correctly by not considering the bigger picture sometimes, or grasping basic common sense about the world around them. They just sound off on message boards and cause uproar that then other people have to respond to.
Yes and it ends up with people voting for Brexit!

Wowwwww - Sorry just pissed off with it all at the moment, yet another loan.........

Back
Top Bottom