Kashi

Oooh sorry mate. Might have known you’d pop up to defend the honour of he who must not be criticised. Give it a rest! You already think KR is the messiah and I think the jury is still out. That’s our difference. This thread is about Kashi not KR.

You’re right though people see what they want to see. Just as you have because at no point in my post do I say we’re skint? Neither does the fact that we might not be able to sign Kashi mean we’d be skint. Just that he might be out of our price range. Nothing wrong with that. Actually I think that’s what KR means when says what he does.

I don’t really care if you agree he blurted out his comments or not. Personally I think he didn’t really mean to say it because he immediately corrected himself. But it’s not totally relevant to the KASHI discussion anyway.

He clearly means Kashi when he says:
“How good is that though Chris?” Two loan players who won’t be here next season.... well we’d like them to be here but it’ll be difficult.” Yet they run on the pitch”.

As Browne and Kashi are the only two loan players off the pitch and those loan players therefore need to run on the pitch. And on the highlights they can be seen running on the pitch. And that he mentions them by name several times during the interview. I’d say its quite obvious he’s referring at least to Kashi.

So back to the Kashi debate. Er I’d love us to sign him but as KR has said it’ll be difficult.
Jordan Graham (loanee) got booked for 'celebrating' that third goal, as well as Kashi

It would help if you actually read what you wrote! You said that Robinson didn't suggest something he blurt it out. This was clearly said to question the integrity of what he said, and was (yet another) dig at Robinson. The fact that he is talking minutes after a massive result when emotions are running high seems to have passed you by, and you want to put in whatever connotations that fit with your blinkered view.

You then saying that clearly negotiations haven't taken place (they have) and that we won't be able to afford to bring in these players (we can). All deals can have their difficulties and nothing is certain until all contracts are signed. That is no different with Robinson than it was with MApp, Wilder or anyone else in the game.

So, of course Kashi will be on our radar and I expected things to move forward in the coming months. But if you are going to over analyse every word that Robinson says to find something to moan about then it's going to be one bloody long summer for you!!

OMG you’re not all there mate. You want to argue with me over whether you’re man friend KR blurted it out or said it. Well okay he said it. I don’t think he meant to say “they will not be here next season”. Which is why I used the term.

There is no way actual contract negotiations have taken place. In fact KR actually said so week or so ago. He said they would not even think about next season until we’re safe. So very doubtful anything more than low level discussion has taken place and for KR to say (say not blurt out) That he expects Kashi will not be here next season or at least it will be difficult. Would suggest he’s out of our budget.

This is supposed to be a thread about a very good player who I would love for us to sign. I’m not moaning or having a go at the KR just having a discussion about Kashi and the possibility of us signing him based on what KR actually said. Which is errr what this forum is for.

You are over analysing what I’m saying and trying to twist it into an anti KR post. Which it isn’t.

Jordan Graham (loanee) got booked for 'celebrating' that third goal, as well as Kashi

Would love us to keep him too.

I wish referees would take the situation into account when handing out this type of booking. Clearly emotions were high and a bit of celebration was impossible to contain.

Would love us to keep him too.

I wish referees would take the situation into account when handing out this type of booking. Clearly emotions were high and a bit of celebration was impossible to contain.
indeed .... league 1 referees do, to me, seem bereft of any semblance of common sense ...especially in recent seasons

indeed .... league 1 referees do, to me, seem bereft of any semblance of common sense ...especially in recent seasons

Not to hijack the Kashi thread but it should be obvious that the two teams were battling relegation. So tempers and emotions would / could boil over. So a last minute goal to effectively make us safe and the ref should’ve let it go with just a talking to.

Oxford Mail has an article today where KR kind of counters his comments from Saturday. He seems to suggest Kashi and Sinclair could still be a possibility but that might be a season loan. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens with Tiger et al. But I’d like to see him on a permanent deal because We’d earn from it. But if it must be a loan to keep him here so be it.

Oxford Mail has an article today where KR kind of counters his comments from Saturday. He seems to suggest Kashi and Sinclair could still be a possibility but that might be a season loan. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens with Tiger et al. But I’d like to see him on a permanent deal because We’d earn from it. But if it must be a loan to keep him here so be it.
Big signing if we could get him (Kashi)
Sinclair certainly looks as if he is a goalscorer (contrary to his record before he came here)

He just can't help himself can he. This time last season he started gobbing off about getting deals done before the end of the season. For all the fantastic work he has done with the side over the last month or so, why can he not just keep his bloody trap shut about players he would like to sign up for next season, until we have actually fuckin well signed them?

He just can't help himself can he. This time last season he started gobbing off about getting deals done before the end of the season. For all the fantastic work he has done with the side over the last month or so, why can he not just keep his bloody trap shut about players he would like to sign up for next season, until we have actually fuckin well signed them?
Then dont take any notice of it then.

Careful now! you’ll incur the wrath of the pro KR squad :) They’ve been quite for most of the season for some reason ;-)

In all seriousness, I guess we just have to accept he sometimes says too much. I don’t think he’ll change, it’s just his way. However as with any manager who’s a bit quirky, if he gets results fans will overlook it. I for one hope to see the jolly saying too much KR much more next season.

Recruitment was much better in January. Something was obviously wrong in the Summer and as KR has said the club have put that right.

Hopefully Kashi along with Sinclair, Browne and Graham’s futures can be sorted quickly so we know where we are. It would show the club are really moving in the right direction.

I don’t want to see us hang on and on and on. If they really want to be here and the money is right they’ll sign if not we need to move on.

Last
Last month or so?
I believe that since November we have had top 6 form.
So we have done far better than have one good month.

Last
Last month or so?
I believe that since November we have had top 6 form.
So we have done far better than have one good month.

LOL see I told you so!

Top 6 form since November? There’s support for a manager and then there’s blindness!

November-December 2018 we won just 13 points from a possible 33! We won just 3 matches. Drew 4 and lost 4 that is not top 6 form.

Even into 2019 we struggled, winning just 2 from our first 8 matches.

Actually looking at our results it would seem the embarrassment of the 4-2 loss to Accrington in Feb was the real turning point. After that we won 6 drew 1 and lost just 1 that’s top 6 form.

LOL see I told you so!

Top 6 form since November? There’s support for a manager and then there’s blindness!

November-December 2018 we won just 13 points from a possible 33! We won just 3 matches. Drew 4 and lost 4 that is not top 6 form.

Even into 2019 we struggled, winning just 2 from our first 8 matches.

Actually looking at our results it would seem the embarrassment of the 4-2 loss to Accrington in Feb was the real turning point. After that we won 6 drew 1 and lost just 1 that’s top 6 form.
Ok

We had 6 points from the first 12 games.
Ever since then we have had pretty good form (not sure how picking.g out one game really helps)
At the time there were many stats on here showing that we needed virtually play off form to stay up.
We have taken 40 points in the last 29 games I believe.
So my point is that we had to drag ourselves from a terrible position to even get out of the bottom 4.
I reiterate that our form has been quite something for well more than a month based on 6 points from 12 games.

Ok

We had 6 points from the first 12 games.
Ever since then we have had pretty good form (not sure how picking.g out one game really helps)
At the time there were many stats on here showing that we needed virtually play off form to stay up.
We have taken 40 points in the last 29 games I believe.
So my point is that we had to drag ourselves from a terrible position to even get out of the bottom 4.
I reiterate that our form has been quite something for well more than a month based on 6 points from 12 games.

No you said you believe we have had top 6 form since November. That is simply not true.

Picking out one game helps because since that day. Where I expect there were big questions asked in the dressing room after the game. we have won 6 matches. That is more than we managed in the entire period November to January!

No you said you believe we have had top 6 form since November. That is simply not true.

Picking out one game helps because since that day. Where I expect there were big questions asked in the dressing room after the game. we have won 6 matches. That is more than we managed in the entire period November to January!

Since the Luton game we have gained 47 points from 30 games at 1.56 points per game. That is the same performance level as teams at the very top of the league. You can pick a few games when we averaged less, and a few were we averaged more. But 30 games is a decent period to demonstrate overall quality, and this side is showing play off form. So it simply is true if you take your blinkers off.

Look back over my posts and I have been saying this for a lot longer than the last few games. In the meantime you've been banging the same negative drum. Even now you can't even acknowledge the vast improvements Robinson has shown, or the fact that everyone is playing for him.

As with many posters on here, you're quick to moan but offer little when things are going well. As an example, Kashi has shown to be a fundamental part of our recent success but how much credit should Robinson get for bringing him to the club? I suspect you'll say that he just got lucky or spout on about Sam Smith instead!!!

In the interests of balance, here are some facts.

After 11 League games we had 5 points. That was early October.

We now have 52 points from 41 games. This means that over a full six month period we have picked up 47 points from 30 games.

That is very much play-off form. It is consistent over a long period, so no flash in the pan. Sorry chap, but you've lost this particular argument.

EDIT: Just seen the post above by Scotchegg, saying much the same and posted while I was writing. I'll leave this here though, as it pisses me off when people make s**t up, or are selective about their "facts" to suit an agenda.

Careful now! you’ll incur the wrath of the pro KR squad :) They’ve been quite for most of the season for some reason ;-)

In all seriousness, I guess we just have to accept he sometimes says too much. I don’t think he’ll change, it’s just his way. However as with any manager who’s a bit quirky, if he gets results fans will overlook it. I for one hope to see the jolly saying too much KR much more next season.

Recruitment was much better in January. Something was obviously wrong in the Summer and as KR has said the club have put that right.

Hopefully Kashi along with Sinclair, Browne and Graham’s futures can be sorted quickly so we know where we are. It would show the club are really moving in the right direction.

I don’t want to see us hang on and on and on. If they really want to be here and the money is right they’ll sign if not we need to move on.
agree would love to get things sorted as soon as possible but I think the biggest factor will be the agents. seems to be getting harder to get players in quickly, well decent ones, cos the vultures push for the biggest piece of the pie they can get

In the interests of balance, here are some facts.

After 11 League games we had 5 points. That was early October.

We now have 52 points from 41 games. This means that over a full six month period we have picked up 47 points from 30 games.

That is very much play-off form. It is consistent over a long period, so no flash in the pan. Sorry chap, but you've lost this particular argument.

EDIT: Just seen the post above by Scotchegg, saying much the same and posted while I was writing. I'll leave this here though, as it pisses me off when people make s**t up, or are selective about their "facts" to suit an agenda.

And just to add that in the time when we've picked up 47 points, Portsmouth have picked up 50, Doncaster 45 and Peterborough 37. 2 of those 3 will probably be in the playoffs. But I'm guessing we've just been lucky according to our resident doom mongers!!

ignoring the first 20 games, we'd be 7th!!
if only we could've picked up some results in those first few weeks and not had that awful xmas.
next season could be quite exciting if we can keep most of the team and add to the weaker areas

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom