Transfer News Ahmed Kashi

Another of KR's ex charges - what a waste - we do NOT need this type of player. Already injury dodgy (apparently) & not match fit - great.

I'll wait until I see him play before passing judgement on whether he is a good signing or not.

The comments below the Oxford Mail article are laughable, complaining about the signing. I bet these were the same people who moaned when MApp first signed Roofe on loan as there was plenty then.

KR has already explained why he wants another defensive midfielder so that he can rest Mous. KR has also explained that he wants some more experience in the dressing room.

And it is hardly surprising he goes for a player he knows considering our position so he will know what he is likely going to get, on and off the pitch. Further, Kashi already knows this level which takes out that unknown.

Another of KR's ex charges - what a waste - we do NOT need this type of player. Already injury dodgy (apparently) & not match fit - great.

It is what we need if you don't want Mous to be knackered for most games as has been explained. It allows Mous to be rested and so be more effective when he does play.

And you know he isn't match fit? How? Can you talk us through his injuries this season?

Last season for Charlton, he played 35 times for them in Lg 1 by the way.

Last edited:
Of course, not having been an avid watcher of French L2 football recently, I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play.

Having said that, he does tick all the usual KR boxes!

It is what we need if you don't want Mous to be knackered for most games as has been explained. It allows Mous to be rested and so be more effective when he does play.

And you know he isn't match fit? How? Can you talk us through his injuries this season?

Last season for Charlton, he played 35 times for them in Lg 1 by the way.

Pros
Algerian international until 2015
Played for Charlton in League 1 last season

Cons
Only played 13 games for Troyes this season
Picked up 10 yellows during his last season at Charlton

Unknowns
Match fitness
Has he got the pace to cover a defence effectively

hasn't that already been explained that it's cover for mous and any decent strikers will hold out till later. would rather wait and get the right player rather than just signing any old one for the sake of it

This signing seems on paper to be pure Pep of last season. Foreign player check, playing at a questionable level abroad check, barely fit check, used to play for the manager a while ago check.

I would be very surprised if this one came from the scouting system , this is pure KR and on it he will be judged (doubly so if strikers are not signed soon).

hasn't that already been explained that it's cover for mous and any decent strikers will hold out till later. would rather wait and get the right player rather than just signing any old one for the sake of it
Just like we did in the summer when we signed Smith....D'oh

As soon as he’s fit, I’ll say he’ll be ahead of Moush in the team.. Robinson really wanted this deal and rates him very highly.

We need strikers. Two weeks off the transfer window left.
Hate to say it, but I think we will end up with the dregs.

This signing seems on paper to be pure Pep of last season. Foreign player check, playing at a questionable level abroad check, barely fit check, used to play for the manager a while ago check.

I would be very surprised if this one came from the scouting system , this is pure KR and on it he will be judged (doubly so if strikers are not signed soon).

The difference to Pep being he played 35 times for Charlton in L1 last season and he was playing in the French 2nd tier. I agree that it is purely KR's signing.

What have his injuries been this season, genuine question because people keep saying this?

Back
Top Bottom