Transfer News Ahmed Kashi

Good point, but mine still endures; if players are fatigued after training a handful of mornings per week, sometimes two games per week - for at this stage three months only of a season - then somebody somewhere is doing something wrong in training. I’m not doubting the existence of fatigue (far from it, myself and any other NHS junior doctor could all tell horror stories related to fatigue), I’m disputing that this club should be wallowing in it and expecting we fans to swallow it as unavoidable.

It IS being used as an excuse.
I agree that physical fatigue is inexcusable at this stage of a season, but I'd argue that the mind tires. If you're in an office, physically you could work all day every day, but productivity would drop after a while because your mind needs a rest. Especially for the younger players, I'd imagine 2/3 games a week would be pretty draining, and the situation we are in, in the league, will add to it.

I agree that physical fatigue is inexcusable at this stage of a season, but I'd argue that the mind tires.

Again don’t disagree with you; but now we’re talking mental and not physical fatigue...it didn’t seem to affect the 7 or 8 players who totted up 50 games each in 1984-5!

Do you know if these guys played the full 90mins? Think that’s been one of our problems by not having anything in the bench?
Yeah in most cases. But it’s easy to give players a rest when you’re dominant.
Incidentally they’re scoring loads from midfield too.
But you have to ask why we don’t have strength in depth? It’s because the club, KR, Tiger, the recruitment team, whoever is actually in control has made some absolutely terrible signings.
KR said it’ll take 3 windows to get a decent squad together we’ll at this rate it’ll be 10!

I’d be very interested to see that; but would argue it’s also more likely that more cardiomyopathies are now being diagnosed in those biathletes due to greater awareness than 30 years / availability of echo, leading to advice to medically retire.

It was talked about on the commentary the other week over a couple of races.

Looked unfit, slow and lost when he came on, so hope that improves.

Mous was talking him through the action, keeping him on his toes. I’m sure after more training and maybe a run out at Bury he’ll look better when he next comes on as a sub.

Also, tbf, he won't have known team patterns etc so his positioning should improve.

Thought the same, but obviously we’ll have to see how he develops with game time.
Unfit - Yes but instantly started communicating and organising. Also allowed Mous to play a little wider on the right (cutting off their No11) while he sat over on the left. So he might well add a bit of spine and fight. Which we’ll need in the run in. So work on his fitness and use him to strengthen the team when required.

Mous was talking him through the action, keeping him on his toes. I’m sure after more training and maybe a run out at Bury he’ll look better when he next comes on as a sub.
KR has brought him in as a starter though. He'll play at Bury to give Mous a rest, then we'll see!!

Back
Top Bottom