Kashi

ignoring the first 20 games, we'd be 7th!!
if only we could've picked up some results in those first few weeks and not had that awful xmas.
next season could be quite exciting if we can keep most of the team and add to the weaker areas

If you run that from Gameweek 13 (after our terrible 6-point start), and we'd be 6th.

if only we could've picked up some results in those first few weeks and not had that awful xmas.
next season could be quite exciting if we can keep most of the team and add to the weaker areas

Steady on with those facts!! It's obvious that Robinson is useless and all the players hate him!!!! Horton out!!!!!

You can also see how incredible Lutons form has been since we played them in early October, and we could and probably should have won that game. It's all fine margins but just shows how stupid it is when some want to dismiss anything other than the last handful of games. And even then the likes of @Shaun Rice saw that we've been lucky and played rubbish football! Pathetic.

You can also see how incredible Lutons form has been since we played them in early October, and we could and probably should have won that game. It's all fine margins but just shows how stupid it is when some want to dismiss anything other than the last handful of games. And even then the likes of @Shaun Rice saw that we've been lucky and played rubbish football! Pathetic.

I never said we’ve played rubbish football. KR did. Get you facts right.

It’s not stupid just because it’s different from your opinion. You’re beginning to become obsessed with me mate. It’s not normal.

I’m only commenting on what I’ve seen in the last few games. What I’ve seen is Blackpool and Coventry dominate us and not take their chances. Late goals save us after somewhat mediocre performances and Missed penalties. It’s not like we’ve been amazing. Credit to the lads and KR for getting those results to keep us up but still lots of work to do in the summer.
On balance there have been some great performances in there too. Yup the Luton game and Barnsley at home especially stand out in my mind.

You can all play with the stats all you want but we won 5 matches in the league from November until the Accy game I mentioned. That’s a fact. If you think that’s good enough you’re easily pleased. 6 games after that. So as I said I think that was a real turning point.

You think I’m anti KR but I’m not. I’m not moaning either I’m just trying to have reasonable discussion with fans who love the same club as I do.

November to mid feb:
19 games, Won 5, Drawn 8 lost 6.
That’s 23 points from a possible 57.
That is not great!

From ‘that’ Accrington game on 23rd Feb
8 games, Won 6, Drawn 1 lost 1.
That’s 19 points from a possible 24. Now that’s good form.

Now you can dress this up as an anti KR post or moaning or playing with the stats. Who cares. We have not been on promotion form since November which is what my post was in response to.

I’m not anti KR FFS so stop twisting my posts to pretend I am. He has had so much to contend with this season that was not in his control. The players too. But I’ll also reserve my opinion until we see what happens in the summer.

Last edited:
LOL see I told you so!

Top 6 form since November? There’s support for a manager and then there’s blindness!

November-December 2018 we won just 13 points from a possible 33! We won just 3 matches. Drew 4 and lost 4 that is not top 6 form.

Even into 2019 we struggled, winning just 2 from our first 8 matches.

Actually looking at our results it would seem the embarrassment of the 4-2 loss to Accrington in Feb was the real turning point. After that we won 6 drew 1 and lost just 1 that’s top 6 form.
*coughs* last month or so :cool:

November to mid feb:
19 games, Won 5, Drawn 8 lost 6.
That’s 23 points from a possible 57.
That is not great!

From ‘that’ Accrington game on 23rd Feb
8 games, Won 6, Drawn 1 lost 1.
That’s 19 points from a possible 24. Now that’s good form.

Now you can dress this up as an anti KR post or moaning or playing with the stats. Who cares. We have not been on promotion form since November which is what my post was in response to.

I’m not anti KR FFS so stop twisting my posts to pretend I am. He has had so much to contend with this season that was not in his control. The players too. But I’ll also reserve my opinion until we see what happens in the summer.

Neither am I. I have no doubt whatsoever that managing a club in Divs 3 & 4 is bloody hard work cos you probably haven't got an owner with very deep pockets and very long arms or the club is a financial basket case or both. To an extent if you are working with a modest budget (compared to Championship levels even) then a manager is always going to sign a few of his 'mates' from previous clubs and I have no problem with that per se. KR got a right slagging about Kashi when he first signed but not so much now.......

I also think it is good that we have a manager who is happy to promote younger players into the 1st team. It is also very clear that there is a strong bond between the players and that doesn't happen by accident.

I just think that something we can all agree on is KRs media skills are severely lacking! He started spouting off this time last year about signings. He did it again in January and we ended up with Sinclair which was not well received by many people on here. Now he's at it again, saying he's going to miss a game to go scouting. WTF is that about?

Neither am I. I have no doubt whatsoever that managing a club in Divs 3 & 4 is bloody hard work cos you probably haven't got an owner with very deep pockets and very long arms or the club is a financial basket case or both. To an extent if you are working with a modest budget (compared to Championship levels even) then a manager is always going to sign a few of his 'mates' from previous clubs and I have no problem with that per se. KR got a right slagging about Kashi when he first signed but not so much now.......

I also think it is good that we have a manager who is happy to promote younger players into the 1st team. It is also very clear that there is a strong bond between the players and that doesn't happen by accident.

I just think that something we can all agree on is KRs media skills are severely lacking! He started spouting off this time last year about signings. He did it again in January and we ended up with Sinclair which was not well received by many people on here. Now he's at it again, saying he's going to miss a game to go scouting. WTF is that about?

Weird thing on here at the moment is if you have any comment on KR that isn’t 100% positive you’re anti KR and moaning!

It’s also okay to have reservations over a player and be proven wrong. I can’t say I was over the moon with Kashi at first. His performances weren’t great but man has he proven me wrong!

Not many on here would back Tiger right now either but what if he sorted the stadium, had no more issues with HMRC, invested in some great players and we get promoted as champions?

Doesn’t mean an opinion now isn’t valid.

I agree KR media skills are lacking at times. His heart is on his sleeve a little too much maybe?
Just to confirm this doesn’t mean I’m anti KR people. I’m not sitting here hopeful of a defeat tomorrow so i can spend the evening slagging KR off.
Maybe he’ll learn over time.

Careful now we have had one good month ...

Careful now we have had one good month ...
frustrating cos other than 6/7 teams it’s been fairly poor league. had we picked up another 10 points or so we could now be getting geared up for a chance at the play offs

Weird thing on here at the moment is if you have any comment on KR that isn’t 100% positive you’re anti KR and moaning!

It’s also okay to have reservations over a player and be proven wrong. I can’t say I was over the moon with Kashi at first. His performances weren’t great but man has he proven me wrong!

Not many on here would back Tiger right now either but what if he sorted the stadium, had no more issues with HMRC, invested in some great players and we get promoted as champions?

Doesn’t mean an opinion now isn’t valid.

I agree KR media skills are lacking at times. His heart is on his sleeve a little too much maybe?
Just to confirm this doesn’t mean I’m anti KR people. I’m not sitting here hopeful of a defeat tomorrow so i can spend the evening slagging KR off.
Maybe he’ll learn over time.
Christ, the one thing you CAN do on here is moan about Robinson!! The forum is swamped with threads and comments about him, most not particularly complementary!

And anyone is entitled to an opinion, but when you say that your opinion is fact don't be surprised when people call you up on it when your facts are so obviously wrong. That makes you look a bit stupid.

Anyway, your negativity is boring so I'll leave you to it!!!

You’re not allowed to talk fine margins either ?

Christ, the one thing you CAN do on here is moan about Robinson!! The forum is swamped with threads and comments about him, most not particularly complementary!

And anyone is entitled to an opinion, but when you say that your opinion is fact don't be surprised when people call you up on it when your facts are so obviously wrong. That makes you look a bit stupid.

Anyway, your negativity is boring so I'll leave you to it!!!

You’re boring mate and slightly weird. Why have you latched onto me. I’m not being negative. I’m not moaning. I’m simply trying to discuss Oxford United with fellow fans.
But I can’t seem to do so without you popping up to pick me up on something.

What opinion of mine am I saying is fact?
What fact is so obviously wrong?

LOL see I told you so!

Top 6 form since November? There’s support for a manager and then there’s blindness!

November-December 2018 we won just 13 points from a possible 33! We won just 3 matches. Drew 4 and lost 4 that is not top 6 form.

Even into 2019 we struggled, winning just 2 from our first 8 matches.

Actually looking at our results it would seem the embarrassment of the 4-2 loss to Accrington in Feb was the real turning point. After that we won 6 drew 1 and lost just 1 that’s top 6 form.
No you said you believe we have had top 6 form since November. That is simply not true.

Picking out one game helps because since that day. Where I expect there were big questions asked in the dressing room after the game. we have won 6 matches. That is more than we managed in the entire period November to January!
Since October 12th to yesterday our record was Seventh best in League 1 29 games 46 points.
So I was wrong... by one place

Back
Top Bottom