Kashi

I never said we’ve played rubbish football. KR did. Get you facts right.

It’s not stupid just because it’s different from your opinion. You’re beginning to become obsessed with me mate. It’s not normal.

I’m only commenting on what I’ve seen in the last few games. What I’ve seen is Blackpool and Coventry dominate us and not take their chances. Late goals save us after somewhat mediocre performances and Missed penalties. It’s not like we’ve been amazing. Credit to the lads and KR for getting those results to keep us up but still lots of work to do in the summer.
On balance there have been some great performances in there too. Yup the Luton game and Barnsley at home especially stand out in my mind.

You can all play with the stats all you want but we won 5 matches in the league from November until the Accy game I mentioned. That’s a fact. If you think that’s good enough you’re easily pleased. 6 games after that. So as I said I think that was a real turning point.

You think I’m anti KR but I’m not. I’m not moaning either I’m just trying to have reasonable discussion with fans who love the same club as I do.
Your Facts seem to be wrong?
Facts are ok until it goes against your agenda?

Your Facts seem to be wrong?
Facts are ok until it goes against your agenda?

Er I don’t have an agenda. I’m intrigued to know what you think that my agenda might be?

As I said to scotchegg what facts do I have wrong?

I find it interesting that some of the pro KR brigade have latched on to me as a person with some sort of vendetta against him. For the record I’m not for or against him. I’m simply happy to wait and see but also acknowledge that he sometimes says more than he should.

Er I don’t have an agenda. I’m intrigued to know what you think that my agenda might be?

As I said to scotchegg what facts do I have wrong?

I find it interesting that some of the pro KR brigade have latched on to me as a person with some sort of vendetta against him. For the record I’m not for or against him. I’m simply happy to wait and see but also acknowledge that he sometimes says more than he should.
What I love most about you, Scotchers, is that you carry all this apoplectic rage with you constantly. It really, really matters to you what goes on here. You must sit around stewing on it all in your personal life, in fact I know you do, seeing as you frequently make passive aggressive comments clearly aimed at me, and occasionally have even tagged me into posts when I’ve said absolutely nothing. You must sit around with this forum on your mind constantly. That’s a shame, much the same as it’s a shame that as you always used to do with others in past times, your default setting is to ping off like a tightly coiled spring rather than engage people with any basic level of calmness and sensibility. You lose any sort of higher ground you could ever occupy with your worrying amounts of fury, and the fact that you would rather create yourself some sort of internet nemesis than either just ignore people or have a grown up exchange. You’re that guy at the pub who is spoiling for a fight all night, and then proceeds to spend the entire evening staring at people and stumbling up to them in the hope something kicks off. Your blood pressure must be through the roof, chap.

I enjoy the fact that I get under your skin so much, to the point where you think about me so frequently while I barely remember you exist until you stumble up to me going “come on then”, and I also enjoy the fact you seem to think I’m full of s**t on things that have actually happened. I post under my own name, Scotchers. I’m a former employee of the club, I used to work in the football media after that - it’s one thing having an opinion but if I was telling lies and making things up about spending an afternoon with your beloved manager, and in turn what he said, I’d have been collared for it by now. I haven’t been, because nothing I’ve ever said about anything that went on that day was untrue. I’m not some anonymous, faceless troll who can say what they like without being clocked for it - the football club can ring me up any time that they like and demand that I remove anything untrue I’ve said. Why haven’t they done that, I wonder. It’s almost like...

Anyway, do feel free to ping me a PM any time you like if you fancy a verbal scrap - you clearly take some sort of therapy from all this obsessive chasing and relentless bouncing - and I would hate you to lose that. But there’s really no point engaging with you openly because all you do is play the man rather than the ball, as your old friend used to say. Which is a shame, because I used to love watching somebody constantly giving Charlie a whack around the ankles. Sadly, and worryingly, it actually appears you’re just a bit of a loose canon and become obsessed with anybody who criticises anything to do with your beloved club, regardless of the validity of what they’re saying or the evidence that may be in front of you to suggest something isn’t maybe very good. From refusing to even admit that a manager has vastly underachieved over more than a season of football, while racking up a league win percentage barely above Talbot and Kemp, to saying there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the constant winding up petitions and that it just doesn’t matter if we’re always due in court so long as things look normal from the outside, your loyalty to the club is admirable. But it’s also worrying, as is your incandescence towards anybody who feels differently to you. You were probably one of the people on the old TiU forum who mauled me when I said Kelvin Thomas would run us into the ground, that it was all smoke and mirrors at the time and all was not as well as he was pretending.

Would love to engage with you and others in healthy debate, but while your priority is refusing to even consider points made by certain people in lieu of a strange vendetta, there’s really no point. I will happily dismiss your posts and assume that you will dismiss mine, rather than carry on watching you drunkenly taking swings at someone at kicking out time, even when they’re going “I am not going to fight you, move away”. I’d rather be the bloke with the strong and unpopular opinion than the bloke who just can’t get by without needing somebody to fight before they stumble home with a kebab.

PS - Kashi played well yesterday. Moved the ball quickly, possibly too quickly at times when he could’ve looked up and seen he didn’t need to rush, but overall very decent. If he plays like that for what’s left of the season it’ll be job done in terms of his time here.

Thread back on track.

You and me both @RyanioBirdio

I don't think any of these guys are capable of having a normal discussion without losing it.

Since October 12th to yesterday our record was Seventh best in League 1 29 games 46 points.
So I was wrong... by one place
Since October 12th to yesterday our record was Seventh best in League 1 29 games 46 points.
So I was wrong... by one place

@Foley nobody is denying that our results have been brilliant since the end of Feb 2019. The turn around has been amazing. Yesterday showed what a good team we can now be with a bit of confidence and the right players in the right places. We were missing arguably two of the best players we have and still dominated AFC. 0 shots on target for 90 minutes now that is very impressive defending at any level! Given their record I don't think they were as poor as we made them look! On another day we'd have walked away with all three points.

However in my opinion to say that we have been on promotion form since November would mean that we have been consistent across that period. If we were able to turn some of those draws into wins then maybe. There were some great performances in that period but consistency is also very important and in that we were poor. We were leaking far too many goals and silly goals at that. God were we terrible in some of those games. Hence why some were questioning KR ability to manage.

From the period November to Middle of February we won just 19 points from a possible 51. Winning just 4 matches. I think there were only two clean sheets in that entire period too. Which ever way you dress that up it is just not promotion form. Sure if you include our recent results in the equation it looks much better. My point is and I'm not trying to argue with you, just make my point. Is that to say we've been on promotion form since November would suggest we've been consistent across that entire period and that isn't true. You can't just add in the 20 points we've gained since mid Feb and say that our form has been great since November. Doesn't it tell you something when we pick up more points in the last 9 games than we did in the entire period 17 games November to Feb?

Nov: DWLW - 7 from 12
Dec: DWDLL - 5 from 15
Jan: LDWD - 5 from 12
Feb: DDLL... - 2 from 12

Accrington away was the turning point or rather Blackpool (The next game) was. Why? Because it was the first game where Sam Long was brought in at right full back. It was also where Kashi started finding some form and a regular first team place. Ruffles settled down at Left back and our defence looked sooo much better. We have conceded just 4 goals since the Accrington game!

Feb: W
Mar: WLDWWW - 13 from 18
Apr: WD ???? - 4 from 6
Now that is top 6 form maybe even top.

Anyway that's my point and I think it's quite reasonable.

@Foley nobody is denying that our results have been brilliant since the end of Feb 2019. The turn around has been amazing. Yesterday showed what a good team we can now be with a bit of confidence and the right players in the right places. We were missing arguably two of the best players we have and still dominated AFC. 0 shots on target for 90 minutes now that is very impressive defending at any level! Given their record I don't think they were as poor as we made them look! On another day we'd have walked away with all three points.

However in my opinion to say that we have been on promotion form since November would mean that we have been consistent across that period. If we were able to turn some of those draws into wins then maybe. There were some great performances in that period but consistency is also very important and in that we were poor. We were leaking far too many goals and silly goals at that. God were we terrible in some of those games. Hence why some were questioning KR ability to manage.

From the period November to Middle of February we won just 19 points from a possible 51. Winning just 4 matches. I think there were only two clean sheets in that entire period too. Which ever way you dress that up it is just not promotion form. Sure if you include our recent results in the equation it looks much better. My point is and I'm not trying to argue with you, just make my point. Is that to say we've been on promotion form since November would suggest we've been consistent across that entire period and that isn't true. You can't just add in the 20 points we've gained since mid Feb and say that our form has been great since November. Doesn't it tell you something when we pick up more points in the last 9 games than we did in the entire period 17 games November to Feb?

Nov: DWLW - 7 from 12
Dec: DWDLL - 5 from 15
Jan: LDWD - 5 from 12
Feb: DDLL... - 2 from 12

Accrington away was the turning point or rather Blackpool (The next game) was. Why? Because it was the first game where Sam Long was brought in at right full back. It was also where Kashi started finding some form and a regular first team place. Ruffles settled down at Left back and our defence looked sooo much better. We have conceded just 4 goals since the Accrington game!

Feb: W
Mar: WLDWWW - 13 from 18
Apr: WD ???? - 4 from 6
Now that is top 6 form maybe even top.

Anyway that's my point and I think it's quite reasonable.

I’ll take that as a yes then :)
Ahhh bless and looks like @Scotchegg has blocked me. So much for reasoned discussion.

I think that if you are throwing stats around you should look at form against top sides as opposed to those against bottom sides. That's probably a better sign of where we are.

Can't be bothered to do that myself. Just glad we are safe now (almost).

I think that if you are throwing stats around you should look at form against top sides as opposed to those against bottom sides. That's probably a better sign of where we are.

Can't be bothered to do that myself. Just glad we are safe now (almost).

Actually I’m a bit of a statto so I like this kind of thing. Interesting thing is we seem to have done better against the better teams in terms of performance. And made had work of some of the easy(er) ones.
The main point being tho we’ve done so much better since Long and Kashi have joined the team.

Our results against the top six
Luton lost 2-1 in injury time. Unlucky not to get a point

Thrashed by Barnsley 4-0 opening day, with a terrible transfer window. In the home game we drew 2-2, and was 2-0 up.

Drew both times against Sunderland, and we should of won both.

Portsmouth we’ll beaten away earlier in the season, with severe injuries to key players.
Then beat them at home.

Charlton we drew away with a cracker from Gavin Whyte.

Doncaster was a plucky point another Ruffles injury time goal.

I think our form against the better sides has been quite good, when you consider our awful season.

Looking forward to seeing how we do against Charlton, Doncaster and Luton. Especially without the relegation pressure

Our results against the top six
Luton lost 2-1 in injury time. Unlucky not to get a point

Thrashed by Barnsley 4-0 opening day, with a terrible transfer window. In the home game we drew 2-2, and was 2-0 up.

Drew both times against Sunderland, and we should of won both.

Portsmouth we’ll beaten away earlier in the season, with severe injuries to key players.
Then beat them at home.

Charlton we drew away with a cracker from Gavin Whyte.

Doncaster was a plucky point another Ruffles injury time goal.

I think our form against the better sides has been quite good, when you consider our awful season.

Looking forward to seeing how we do against Charlton, Doncaster and Luton. Especially without the relegation pressure

I seem to remember coming away from the Luton game thinking we should’ve won. Long time ago now :) also Barnsley at home should’ve been all three points. If only that long range lob had gone in. Not even sure how it’s physically possible to hit the underside of the bar and bounce so close to the line and stay out. Also great save on the follow up.

Back
Top Bottom