Sport Cricket - Winter 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Indies 5 down, minimum 17 overs left... We can't... Can we???

I get that they want to sell as much beer as possible over five days to the Barmy Army.....and I'm not saying I want them to go back to 1998 Sabina Park-type pitches (I assume Alec Stewart still suffers from PTSD about that).....

......but is it too much to ask to have just a little something, anything, in it for the bowlers?
I feel a bit sorry for Fisher and Mahmood, having to make their Test debuts on a pitch that was a pudding on day one and remained that way to the end of day five!

I get that they want to sell as much beer as possible over five days to the Barmy Army.....and I'm not saying I want them to go back to 1998 Sabina Park-type pitches (I assume Alec Stewart still suffers from PTSD about that).....

......but is it too much to ask to have just a little something, anything, in it for the bowlers?
I feel a bit sorry for Fisher and Mahmood, having to make their Test debuts on a pitch that was a pudding on day one and remained that way to the end of day five!
Perhaps the ICC should start fining cricket boards for poor pitches. If a team can fail to bowl out England not once but twice in a match, there is obviously something wrong when you consider the "strength" of our batting lineup.

tenor.gif

Third Test, First Session. England 46/3.

They really are bloody useless unless they are given a featherbed of a pitch to play on, and even then it's been calypso collapso at times.

And another goes, 53/5, Lees gone for 31.

Last 16 balls: 2 England Wickets, no runs scored.

And another goes, 53/5, Lees gone for 31.

Last 16 balls: 2 England Wickets, no runs scored.
Goodness.
Root was wondering yesterday whether he would be Captain under the new coach.
If he loses this series I wonder whether they ought to try somebody else?

Goodness.
Root was wondering yesterday whether he would be Captain under the new coach.
If he loses this series I wonder whether they ought to try somebody else?
Root ...half decent batsman, pretty rubbish test captain

Well we have reached 117 with one wicket left.
It sounds like it is seaming around and the WI have bowled well.
England need to bowl really well to keep in this. If its seaming around, Woakes really has a chance to improve his overseas average

182/9
Abject performance yet again with the bat by England.

Leach and Mahmood have put on 60 run partnership.

As far as I can tell, this is Saqib Mahmood's highest score in any form of professional cricket. Never scored more than 34 before in First Class, OD or t20!

Rather puts the entirety of England's top order to shame. For the nth time in the past three years.

As far as I can tell, this is Saqib Mahmood's highest score in any form of professional cricket. Never scored more than 34 before in First Class, OD or t20!

Rather puts the entirety of England's top order to shame. For the nth time in the past three years.

Scored a six too which he had never previously done in First Class cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom