The Winter Cricket thread

England are annihilating Windies in the second 20 20.
Jordan looks the real deal. Is there any chance he could get into our ODI team?

I'm glad Jordan is having a good game. So often when I see him, he is a bit disappointing - not today though! (y)

England are annihilating Windies in the second 20 20.
Jordan looks the real deal. Is there any chance he could get into our ODI team?

He hasn't got the fitness, has he? I thought he now limited himself to T20 or am I mixing him up with somebody else?

"West Indies have had more good days than England"

Will these 20/20 matches save this tours respectability for England?
With form going into this tour of matches, the windies must be getting more out of this and building, I think it still asks England are we good enough in certain areas of the test matches, and the bowling in the 50 over game needs to be improved.

Loved it. Got on England at 4/1 in play when we were 32:4
License to print money ✅

Another shellacking last night for the Windies. Looked like a touring team who wanted to go home

So what have we learnt? Test team still fragile at the top of the order and can't bowl in "foreign" conditions. White ball team are generally awesome, but throw in the occasional game where they are beyond bad - which you can do in a series, but will be a problem if they do it in a world Cup.

So we haven't really found out anything new, we knew all of this before we left for the Caribbean.

So what have we learnt? Test team still fragile at the top of the order and can't bowl in "foreign" conditions. White ball team are generally awesome, but throw in the occasional game where they are beyond bad - which you can do in a series, but will be a problem if they do it in a world Cup.

So we haven't really found out anything new, we knew all of this before we left for the Caribbean.
I reckon that in the white ball game especially the 20 20 when Stokes, Buttler and Moeen went home we have shown that we have strength in depth and there are a few pushing for the last couple of places for the WC.
Yes in the Tests we didn't learn a lot agreed.

The only bit of vaguely positive news is Mark Ramprakash will no longer coach the test batsmen any more. Graham Thorpe has taken over

Is there a schedule of the forthcoming cricket wc matches as yet? ...being in somerset some of the time& not far from Taunton, wondering if my work schedule may allow me to catch any wc matches being played in Taunton?

The only bit of vaguely positive news is Mark Ramprakash will no longer coach the test batsmen any more. Graham Thorpe has taken over

I would like them to involve Michael Atherton as well so he can explain the mentality of actually making it difficult for a bowler to take your wicket.

Back
Top Bottom