Sport Cricket World Cup

Aussies showing the fighting spirit sadly lacking in the England performances.
Maxwell 201 not out, as they win by three wickets

Pretty amazing innings by Maxwell, playing on one leg for the last part of it.

Meanwhile we play the Netherlands tomorrow to try and avoid taking the wooden spoon. Pfft.

Partnership of 202, out of which Pat Cummins scored 12 off 68 balls!
So you had one guy thrashing fours and sixes off one leg, and the other guy blocking like crazy at the other end.

Afghanistan will kick themselves, though, if they don't beat South Africa and therefore do go out. Dropped Maxwell twice before he got to 50, including an absolute sitter

Oh dear.
Maxwell 175 no looks as if he maybe winning it for Aus.
Bang bang Maxwell's silver hammer came down upon their head, in less than 10 overs Afganistan was dead.
If only they could field properly, they would have won by 100 plus.

Meanwhile in the relegation 3 pointer (yes, I know) we have gone from 133-1 to 178-5, which has included Malan getting run out, Root getting his legs in a horrible tangle, Buttler chipping the ball to mid off etc. When this competition started I was looking forward to it - something to listen to during the day when (supposed to be) working. But there haven't been very many exciting games and England's games have been excruciating!

I'm that engaged with it that I didn't even know we were playing today until you posted. The slump in the side has been nothing short of unbelievable.

Bairstow has an average of 19.50 in this tournament at a strike rate of 85
Buttler is 13.87 at 89.5
Root is 27.00 at 90

You're just not going to get very far when three of your supposed best four one day batsmen are playing like that - especially when you compare it to what the Indian, South African and New Zealand top order have been doing. And even more so given that the batting was supposed to be the strength of this team.

Bairstow has an average of 19.50 in this tournament at a strike rate of 85
Buttler is 13.87 at 89.5
Root is 27.00 at 90

You're just not going to get very far when three of your supposed best four one day batsmen are playing like that - especially when you compare it to what the Indian, South African and New Zealand top order have been doing. And even more so given that the batting was supposed to be the strength of this team.
Buttler has been the most depressing of the players, he tore the IPL a new one earlier in the year so can obviously perform in India.

It was a great innings by Stokes.
At one stage we were 192 for 6.
Yet again, low scores by Bairstow, Buttler and Root.
The retiring Willey was the best of the seamers again....

It was a great innings by Stokes.
At one stage we were 192 for 6.
Yet again, low scores by Bairstow, Buttler and Root.
The retiring Willey was the best of the seamers again....
Root’s dismissal was farcical, and Buttler looks bereft of confidence, with Bairstow not far behind.
IF we can beat Pakistan and sneak into the top eight then we need to use the Champions Trophy as a complete reset.

Well it looks like Australia are going go do it (74 needed in 120 balls with 7 wickets in hand)
With their line up ( Smith and Labuschagne in the middle order), and the lack of a really good spinner, I thought that they wouod do well to reach the last 4.
Typical Australia though. Tough, and make the most of their talents. India got off to a flier in their innings, but Aus hung on in there and it looks as if they are going to have a pretty easy victory in the final.

It is very weird actually wanting the Aussies to win a game of cricket, anything to shut up the annoying section of the Indian support that flood every cricket social media comments section. The Man Utd supporters of the cricket world.

Scoring a ton in a World Cup final, fantastic.

No response from the Indian crowd of course, pretty graceless bunch. Their team appear to have given up.

It was a very dodgy run for Head to get to his 100, but he deserved it. A fantastic innings.

Got to laugh at the Indian commentators blaming conditions batting second 🤣 It is your home world cup, you knew this would be an issue before scheduling the matches...

Ravi Shastri and Sunil Gavaskar both complete C***s.

They have lost in their own back yard by a distance. There is something quite delicious about seeing the Indians getting thrashed, and looking at Kohli knowing the game is up. Indian fans leaving the stadium. Brilliant!

Is Kohli crying yet? What a shame that India had already written their name on the trophy. After Al, it was there’s to lose, right?

That said, I’m not too thrilled about the Aussies winning either.

Back
Top Bottom