Sport Cricket - Winter 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawrence went on 37 ..... Root gone on 107.... 310-4

now Foakes gone for 1 .....314-6 ....... 4 wickets in 5 overs , dominoes!

England 2nd innings 349 -6 Declared

c'mon England , skittle em

So was that progress ( small steps)?
Crawley, Root and Foakes batting maybe.
I am not sure there was anything particularly positive about the bowling?
Stokes was able to bowl and did OK and Leach with 3 wickets in the second innings.
A long way to go....

Stokes was able to bowl and did OK and Leach with 3 wickets in the second innings.
A long way to go....
no real progress IMO

while there is the need to rebuild the test side, leaving both Anderson and Broad behind wasn't IMO a good move, at least one of the two should, at least be in this test squad

Last edited:
A long way to go....
A difficult game to judge, because the pitch was very dead. WI made progress on the first day, but it was the ball not the pitch. Having said that, I though the bowling looked quite unthreatening with the exception of Stokes - Leach did OK in the WI second innings, I suppose. The batting is harder to evaluate given the pitch, but let's hope that those who did decently have gained a bit of confidence from their innings and those who didn't will look at what their team mates did right! Next test starts on Wednesday (2pm our time) - it should be interesting to see what lessons have been learned...

Mahmood in for Wood who has an elbow injury.
Let's hope thd pitch is a little quicker and gives more help to the bowlers.

Mahmood in for Wood who has an elbow injury.
Let's hope thd pitch is a little quicker and gives more help to the bowlers.

Sounds like it's pretty flat, if not maybe quite as flat as Antigua.

Won the toss. Now got to follow up on our second innings performance there and bat well again. 400 should be a bare minimum against this attack, otherwise you're putting a ton of pressure on a pair of debutant seamers.

Come on England. I will avoid this thread until the end of play, and hopefully not jinx anything this time.

This pitch seems as dead as the one for the last test - if not worse. There hasn't even been as much movement through the air either. A draw already looks like the most likely result - although a batting collapse is never far away I suppose!

This pitch seems as dead as the one for the last test - if not worse. There hasn't even been as much movement through the air either. A draw already looks like the most likely result - although a batting collapse is never far away I suppose!
very slow going atm

It's understandable, because Lees is playing for his Test career.
Coming in as a 28 year old, soon to turn 29, he's not someone who's going to get a ton of chances, so he needs some runs somewhere on this tour to cement a spot for the next year. He's showing all the signs of being willing to dig in and graft as long as it takes to get those runs......which is a good trait for an opener!

Lees went for 30 .... Root already over a ton (115) , Lawrence on 71 .... 81 overs England 220-2
this is a (another) flat, lifeless pitch

Lees went for 30 .... Root already over a ton (115) , Lawrence on 71 .... 81 overs England 220-2
this is a (another) flat, lifeless pitch
Jonathan Agnew was full of praise for Lawrence ( apparently Cook rates him really highly).
72 in 119 balls- he changed the pace of the game.
Its a very good first day for England who need to get a very big first innings score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom