Chris Cadden

This is the crux of it. Robinson made it clear that the late signing of players last summer was a major reason for the poor start and therefore he was going to do things differently this summer. It’s now becoming clear that’s not going to happen. People pointing this out aren’t necessarily ‘squawkers’ - a term used on here - or knocking the club for the sake of it, people aren’t necessarily pointing a finger or accusing anyone, but it is a fact that can’t be ignored.
Its not late for signings , give it another couple of weeks then 'sqawk ' as the majority should be in place for tye QRR and Fulham friendlies

Eastwood
Long
Dickie
Jones
Ruffels
Hall
Brannagan
Rodriguez
Sykes
Whyte
Mackie

Subs

Stevens
Henry
Mous
Hanson
Napa
Spasov
Lopez

Short of what we want to start the season with, but hardly threadbare either.
Hopefully we can add Shandon Baptiste to that squad, is he not on schedule to be involved pre-season?

Suggestions that the Sunderland takeover/investment is in danger and may not happen anytime soon, if at all. Likely to impact on their ability to compete this window so maybe putting us back in the driving seat for Chris Cadden.

Personally, I'd give it until next weekend when we're in Scotland to tie the deal up or look elsewhere. Still think that this can be pulled together.

Not really. We aren’t even in July yet and there will be a flurry of transfer activity as always. If we have to put five kids in and have a depleted bench for our first pre season game five weeks before the start of the season then I see absolutely no problem with this.

That defeats the object of the game, where you start trying out new partnerships, new tactics etc in friendlys. Let’s wait and see what the next week brings.

Suggestions that the Sunderland takeover/investment is in danger and may not happen anytime soon, if at all. Likely to impact on their ability to compete this window so maybe putting us back in the driving seat for Chris Cadden.

Personally, I'd give it until next weekend when we're in Scotland to tie the deal up or look elsewhere. Still think that this can be pulled together.

Didn't DE get criticised for overvaluing Oxford by Charlie or am I imagining it as SD offered a lower price?

Didn't DE get criticised for overvaluing Oxford by Charlie or am I imagining it as SD offered a lower price?

I think it came out from SD and Charlie that the Satori bid was on the cheap and there was a difference of around £1m in what DE wanted and what was being offered.

I would guess that any deal for Sunderland will involve differences of far more than £1m!!

The issue was in valuing a club who were a few games away from promotion and one that could now face a few more years in league 1.

I think it came out from SD and Charlie that the Satori bid was on the cheap and there was a difference of around £1m in what DE wanted and what was being offered.

I would guess that any deal for Sunderland will involve differences of far more than £1m!!

The issue was in valuing a club who were a few games away from promotion and one that could now face a few more years in league 1.
The paper suggests that some debts have been found in the due diligence stage that weren't known about, so the consortium are haggling on the deal.

The paper suggests that some debts have been found in the due diligence stage that weren't known about, so the consortium are haggling on the deal.
That can't possibly be correct! The Sunderland fan club was telling us that they were debt free and in a great financial position??

That can't possibly be correct! The Sunderland fan club was telling us that they were debt free and in a great financial position??
Quite, and I'm sure Donald will be threatening to sue the paper for putting that out there. As a club, they seem quite sensitive about being debt free

I agree it is justified to be worried the cadden deal may not go through.
For me it is the negative hyperbole that can stem from when not everything goes as planned. For example with cadden:

A reasonable concern:"b****r, looks like the player is messing us around and/or we may get gazumped by a club with much more resources"

Over the top response: "cadden isn't signing because tiger has no money, the players arnt being paid, the board are evil property tycoons hell bent to exploit oxford United for their own devious gain, last year's recruitment was the worst for any club in the history of time and will definitely be repeated, Gobbo reference."
Agree and to be fair I didn’t read all the negative crap.

Cadden is with us on a 12 month loan which has a break clause in Jan. i’d fully expect the clause to be activated, too.

Back
Top Bottom