Chris Cadden

You see now little oxford really cannot compete with apparent money bags clubs .... even with a billionaire board....balance the books the rest will follow ... one day I hope

well it was clear we were being used by Cadden to garner interest from elsewhere - presumably Fosu is doing the same as his "signing" seems to have stalled too
no criticism at all of KR if these players are doing this as its the way of the football world and many other businesses too but it will be his fault if he hasn't already identified other players he wants - some of his interviews make him appear too trusting at times - so and so has said he is coming - and then dissipate a few days later

You see now little oxford really cannot compete with apparent money bags clubs .... even with a billionaire board....balance the books the rest will follow ... one day I hope

I’ll wait to see how things develop over the next couple of weeks. We’ll soon know if our illustrious board are here for football reasons or to do property deals to line their already bulging pockets.

I’ll wait to see how things develop over the next couple of weeks. We’ll soon know if our illustrious board are here for football reasons or to do property deals to line their already bulging pockets.

i don't think assumptions can be taken from such events can they? we are trying to sign the "right" players that is beneficial to our football club, just because someone has a few quid in their pockets does not mean you must pay over the odds to recruit and it does not follow that just because we don't get them that it's solely down to the board being unwilling to spend....i'll keep saying it the players and Agents have all the power and if they don't want to be here then we're better off without them anyway....Let other clubs take the risk of buying success that's not even Guaranteed when they do.

Maybe he'll see them and think 'no they're not right for me' i doubt he'll be first choice there would he?

i don't think assumptions can be taken from such events can they? we are trying to sign the "right" players that is beneficial to our football club, just because someone has a few quid in their pockets does not mean you must pay over the odds to recruit and it does not follow that just because we don't get them that it's solely down to the board being unwilling to spend....i'll keep saying it the players and Agents have all the power and if they don't want to be here then we're better off without them anyway....Let other clubs take the risk of buying success that's not even Guaranteed when they do.

I'm not sure that we will see that at all.
It sounds as if the club are making serious offers to decent players.
If Sunderland then come in for the players(s), whatbdo you want the illustrious board to do?
With regard to Cadden , Sunderland are far closer to his home, are more likely to go up. So regardless of the money offered surely they have an advantage to start with?

maybe but it would clearly show his lack of enthusiasm for us - he has already left us hanging - do we want or need players like that
No i know we don't need players like that, i wasn't implying that we should still go for him. Sorry :)

not really bothered if we get him or not as seem to be well stocked in that area. however if he was a striker then i’d be concerned.

saying that if Cadden was announced today i think the mood on here may lift a bit
A couple or three decent first team signings would do wonders for moral and dispel negative rumours. Let’s hope they come through the door soon ??

Didn't we do exactly the same with Mark Sykes? He was about to sign for Port Vale ,at the last minute we offer a better deal

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

This is the way football works now,even under Apps handshakes on deals were done and the player/agent reneges.

Not sure what Portsmouth and Peterborough do but the players they are linked with seem to sign.

As an earlier poster said we may be a bit niave and agents are using us.But surely we put a time limit on this.
I would think five days would be enough if the player hasn't decided we move on

Back
Top Bottom