Chris Cadden

It is all about different people's perspective.

To me it does seem like a ploy. If we were confident in tying the deal up, I would have thought we wouldn't have said anything, and just let all the gossip swirl for a few days more. To come out and say "yes, we've made a move, it's up to the player now", suggests that he is considering his options to a greater extent than we'd like.

It sounds more like frustration that this has been leaked from Motherwell and Robinson is trying to set the record straight regarding our position. Ideally, it would have been tied up like Alex Rodriguez, although that was still in the media a few days before.

The positives I take from this are that we are looking at the right callibre of players, we are willing to pay a fee where necessary and we have (generally) been better about what goes to press. Great if we tie up Cadden, but if not then hopefully we have more irons in the fire.

No more news on this one.
Could be a nice signing.
Looks like we’re being linked with some half decent players

I believe discussions are still ongoing. We all looking at players who have interest from other clubs so it's understandable that agents will be looking to play one off against the other, whilst players will hold out for the best deal. But, from what I've heard, we are still very much in the game to pick up Cadden and we should know one way or another in the next few days.

If we don’t get Cadden I wouldn’t see it as to much of a disappointment specially IF we get Fosu & Garbutt both play on the left wing then Whyte & Hall on the right wing that gives us enough

I believe discussions are still ongoing. We all looking at players who have interest from other clubs so it's understandable that agents will be looking to play one off against the other, whilst players will hold out for the best deal. But, from what I've heard, we are still very much in the game to pick up Cadden and we should know one way or another in the next few days.
Lets hope so, there was a song and dance last week setting a weekend deadline for a decision from the player, people seemed to think that was a good idea giving him an ultimatum, weekends long gone and it's all gone quiet i hope the club have other options as the longer this goes on the more expensive the player will become, we must along with other clubs trying to satisfy the players/agents expectations.

I think he’ll stay up’t north of Donny are sniffing.
Think we should ,and probably are, looking elsewhere. He isn't breaking down the doors to come so far so move on. We only want players who want to be here....
Agreed. However I suspect this could be another agent trying it on.

We shouldn’t be wasting anymore time on this one.
Give him a deadline and he doesn’t sign, move on.

Lets hope so, there was a song and dance last week setting a weekend deadline for a decision from the player, people seemed to think that was a good idea giving him an ultimatum, weekends long gone and it's all gone quiet i hope the club have other options as the longer this goes on the more expensive the player will become, we must along with other clubs trying to satisfy the players/agents expectations.

I genuinely seem to have missed this "song and a dance"? What was it said there was a weekend deadline?

How long do we wait to see if a player can be arsed to sign or not? I hope we’ve learned valuable lessons from last summer.

Back
Top Bottom