Carabao Cup draw

If there are 'other' (i.e. not league) games that we cannot attend and that are not covered for ifollow viewing in my season ticket (and they won't be), then it will very much depend on price as to whether I pay extra to watch one camera coverage with RadOx commentary over the top. Any more than a fiver and it would probably be quite a hard sell to me - will just stick with the audio.

Fa cup - replays scrapped.
Carabao cup - no two legged semi finals
EFL trophy - going ahead as normal!

How does that make sense?

Oh and look at the way the EFL have handled the situations at Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday, Bury, Macclesfield etc.

They do not deserve a break!
Oh no, how are we all going to cope after that terrible decision to switch the carabao cup semi finals to one leg - what an evil, money-grabbing, decision - let's get those petitions to government organised - it's the end of football as we know it....

What is it with the world today, that once we take against someone or something, everything that they ever say or do is then lambasted, instead of being taken at face value? Oh no, of course it is all part of some master plan to restrict football in England to just four clubs, or is two, playing in an intergalactic league or something isn't it?

Scrapping the LC two-legged semi has been called for for years, so no issue there...
ELF trophy is a useful low-key tournament which has very little impact on the football world as a whole, and can act as a couple of extra early season games to try a few things out for Div III and IV sides.
FA Cup replays have a lot of history and memories attached to them, but can cause fixture pileups for sides which in normal times are difficult (9 games in February anyone). Normally, such disruption is considered worth it, but in a compressed season like this one, may prove a particular issue when they occur in the later rounds, particularly if games have been postponed over the winter months for any reason.
Overlapping the LC first round with the international break where possible is another good idea, and the piling through the early rounds is also an interesting approach that may also prove a good idea,

The EFL may have handled disciplinary issues not particularly well in some cases over the last 12 months, but that does not mean that every subsequent decision is automatically wrong....and in general, I would say what they've announced here is a pretty good effort so, as I say, maybe they do deserve to be given a break on this one......

Oh no, how are we all going to cope after that terrible decision to switch the carabao cup semi finals to one leg - what an evil, money-grabbing, decision - let's get those petitions to government organised - it's the end of football as we know it....

What is it with the world today, that once we take against someone or something, everything that they ever say or do is then lambasted, instead of being taken at face value? Oh no, of course it is all part of some master plan to restrict football in England to just four clubs, or is two, playing in an intergalactic league or something isn't it?

Scrapping the LC two-legged semi has been called for for years, so no issue there...
ELF trophy is a useful low-key tournament which has very little impact on the football world as a whole, and can act as a couple of extra early season games to try a few things out for Div III and IV sides.
FA Cup replays have a lot of history and memories attached to them, but can cause fixture pileups for sides which in normal times are difficult (9 games in February anyone). Normally, such disruption is considered worth it, but in a compressed season like this one, may prove a particular issue when they occur in the later rounds, particularly if games have been postponed over the winter months for any reason.
Overlapping the LC first round with the international break where possible is another good idea, and the piling through the early rounds is also an interesting approach that may also prove a good idea,

The EFL may have handled disciplinary issues not particularly well in some cases over the last 12 months, but that does not mean that every subsequent decision is automatically wrong....and in general, I would say what they've announced here is a pretty good effort so, as I say, maybe they do deserve to be given a break on this one......

I think the point here was that the FA/Carabao Cup changes actually make sense in the current environment (and maybe in the future too), but no changes have been made to the whateveritscalledthisyear Trophy.

Attacking threat from him on the right and Cooper on the left flank missing then!

There are five Premier League teams in our side of this afternoon's draw: Brighton, Palace, Fulham, Southampton and West Ham. Home to any of them would have a chance of being televised to earn some cash for the club.

There are five Premier League teams in our side of this afternoon's draw: Brighton, Palace, Fulham, Southampton and West Ham. Home to any of them would have a chance of being televised to earn some cash for the club.
... and for exiles to have a sniff of getting video :(

I’d go for Cambridge at home. Winnable, one of the most winnable in fact, and a chance of being televised if they go the whole stupid university rivalry route they seem to love

If we get a home draw KR said the club would be asking for dispensation to make the game a test case for allowing fans to watch inside the stadium.

Did I hear on Radio Oxford yesterday that they will be drawing the 2nd and 3rd rounds today ?

Back
Top Bottom