LIVE: Carabao Cup Draw R2

November 1983, we took so many fans they had to give us the whole home end. Remember The Sun girls x2 walking around the track, the chant went up and one duly obliged. A few county fans, ended up in our end, out of principle. A minibus got its windows put out. Nasty lot, picking off small groups back to the station.
And we call it the good old days???

What a shite draw, not regionalised as this is in feckin Wales!

Hopefully we can get through and bag a decent draw

November 1983, we took so many fans they had to give us the whole home end. Remember The Sun girls x2 walking around the track, the chant went up and one duly obliged. A few county fans, ended up in our end, out of principle. A minibus got its windows put out. Nasty lot, picking off small groups back to the station.
Too right!!!!

It can’t have been 1983/84 - we played at Somerton Park during Easter 1984 so the November 1983
match was at the Manor.

It can’t have been 1983/84 - we played at Somerton Park during Easter 1984 so the November 1983
match was at the Manor.
Was this the game we drew 1:1 and if memory serves me right Also scored. Hot sunny day as well. If it was that game then it was April.

I remember going there on a coach for a Saturday game and that bloody train went past the other end of the ground iirc. Also remember going on the train for a night game and we had some fun and games walking back to the station, I’m sure the train got bricked as we pulled out of the station?

I remember going there on a coach for a Saturday game and that bloody train went past the other end of the ground iirc. Also remember going on the train for a night game and we had some fun and games walking back to the station, I’m sure the train got bricked as we pulled out of the station?
Yep I went to that one, Xmas 82, won 2-1 both goals by Hebberd. Roy Burton's last game for us. And Yeh train was bricked on the way out of the station. Took loads that night which was a midweek game.

Back
Top Bottom