Carabao Cup draw

Also, am I right in saying the last time we played at Vicarage Road was the time that the wrong kit got packed, we turned up with only our home, yellow jerseys and we had to wear Watford's away kit?

Think the rumor was that the staff - who weren't being paid at the time because we were skint - had gone on a major bender the night before, leading to the kit snafu!

That's roughly what I remember.

I wish we had played Watford more over the years, as it's local to Oxford, and London exiles.

There was the friendly we played them, when an Oxford fan shouted turnip head towards Graham Taylor and he came up into the stand and sat right next to the oxford fan for a chat.
That would be Marcus Walker from Thame, I expect a few on here may know him. I remember it well ?

I remember a middlesborough fan climbing the floodlights back in the 70s and giving them a battering after the match.....distinctly remember a ginger trying to get over a barbed wire fence behind the beech road with about 5 different hands holding his jumper, and a oxford bloke in wheelchair hitting some with his walking stick :)

No news yet on whether the Watford game will be available on iFollow. Sky have the rights for the Carabao Cup and waived them for the first round. Hopefully they'll do the same next week so the club can earn something from the fixture.

Back
Top Bottom