Carabao Cup draw

Leysboy

Tomorrow is the draw. We seem to do well in this in recent years. We just seem to meet Man City and that kind of ruins our run.

We are ball number 24. I fancy a home draw against Leyton Orient or the SCUM

Talking of cheap, tomorrow also sees the EFL Trophy draw. Which Premier League development team will join us Bristol Rovers and Walsall in the group? I can barely contain myself.

Lucky there's no crowds because Leeds would bump the average attendances up.

Talking of cheap, tomorrow also sees the EFL Trophy draw. Which Premier League development team will join us Bristol Rovers and Walsall in the group? I can barely contain myself.

They haven’t even finished the one from 2019-20.

Maybe the Champions League final will be the appetiser before it.

so the mickey mouse cup final from last season could potentially be played with different players (don’t know how many changes either team have/will have made)
what a pointless competition it’s turned into but as long as the big boys want to give their massive squads some game time i guess we’re stuck with it in this format.

A sad situation that the draw for the teams that the competition was designed for is done in advance of the exciting 'live' element of adding a reserve team...

I'm not sure I get all the anger about the Carabao Cup! In the last few years its brought us two Wembley appearances, a decent chunk of money and an opportunity to play the youngsters. Last year we had our youngest ever player and youngest ever captain in this competition, the year before our youngest goalscorer.

In another thread there is people saying that Jack Stevens and others should be starting these games, and it will be an opportunity early on to give game time for some of the fridge players. Also, with season ticket holders being the only ones likely to get into league games until at least Christmas, it's an opportunity for others to maybe get to games (regardless of the opposition).

So I'm certainly not getting excited about this competition, the first draw, or the PL b team joining us, but I'm not angry about it all either!

Sunderland v Hull
Fleetwood v Wigan

couple of tasty northern games there

I'm not sure I get all the anger about the Carabao Cup! In the last few years its brought us two Wembley appearances, a decent chunk of money and an opportunity to play the youngsters. Last year we had our youngest ever player and youngest ever captain in this competition, the year before our youngest goalscorer.

In another thread there is people saying that Jack Stevens and others should be starting these games, and it will be an opportunity early on to give game time for some of the fridge players. Also, with season ticket holders being the only ones likely to get into league games until at least Christmas, it's an opportunity for others to maybe get to games (regardless of the opposition).

So I'm certainly not getting excited about this competition, the first draw, or the PL b team joining us, but I'm not angry about it all either!

You are right except the caraboa Cup we got knocked out by man City last year. The efl trophy Is the one where the b teams are invited to join and we made it to 2 finals at Wembley.

The problem is SE, that you don't seem to see any sort of problem with B-teams, no replays in the FA Cup, the devaluation of the league cup, the increasing dominance of the Prem - or in fact anything else about the game. Whatever it is, it is just 'change' and we have to sit back with zen-like calmness and accept it.

That is either very wise or very complacent.

Cup confusion?

Are you getting the League ( Carabao ) Cup and EFL trophy competitions confuddled @Scotchegg ? .... or am I misunderstanding your ^^ post ( which could be likely too) :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom