National News Boris Johnson

I blame the Government for plenty of things, however, I also understand there are some things they are blamed for that are not their responsibility and there is very little they can do to change the situation.

Airport issues & flight cancellations - government or private companies? Or Covid lay-offs?

Global energy & fuel costs - government, private companies, profiteering, global markets or supply & demand?

"Cost of living crisis" - see above, fuel goes up costs go up and the longer the supplychain the greater the impact.

Filled the gas guzzler up yesterday - thick end of £90 - do I blame the government, Morrisons, the fuel wholesaler or me for driving a 2.5ltr truck?
Its a mixture. But the airport issues for example, the industry met the government at the beginning of the year and warned of this unless there were alterations made to the security clearance process (currently people can't train until they get security clearance, there are delays in getting security clearance due to government processing issues, training then takes a couple of months, which meant that the people they were recruiting then were not going to be able to work until much later than required. The government did nothing about this until last week. They also suggested trained and previously vetted airport staff could be a visa priority to make sure they had staff in time, again the government declined. Yes, there were lay-offs, but the issues recruiting were known and pointed out by the industry.

I blame the Government for plenty of things, however, I also understand there are some things they are blamed for that are not their responsibility and there is very little they can do to change the situation.

Airport issues & flight cancellations - government or private companies? Or Covid lay-offs?

Global energy & fuel costs - government, private companies, profiteering, global markets or supply & demand?

"Cost of living crisis" - see above, fuel goes up costs go up and the longer the supplychain the greater the impact.

Filled the gas guzzler up yesterday - thick end of £90 - do I blame the government, Morrisons, the fuel wholesaler or me for driving a 2.5ltr truck?

Did you blame Labour for the 2008 recession? Certainly the Tory Party and the right wing media did.

E10 is the (older) engine killer with the additional, double Ethanol content ....on the old octane ratings its 95 grade

E5 is Super/ Premium Unleaded petrol ... on the old octane ratings its 98 grade
Sorry yes got my 10s and 5s the wrong way round!

The quote was:

"And what I want her to know is that absolutely nothing and no one, least of all her, is going to stop us with getting on delivering for the British people"

I'm not sure where your quote is from??

So....Boris said at PMQ's that "nothing and no one will stop me from carrying on as Prime Minister"

How do people feel about that?

Sounds exactly like a delusional dictator to me, who still carries on like he's a senior at Eton 🤷‍♂️

Embarrassing.

I’ll bet you have loads of non white friends and do lots for charity too.

It’s utterly ignorant to not blame the government because their actions this week didn’t cause the problems this week.

All of the issues you’ve listed could have been lessened by a competent Government.

However you want to spin it Supply chain issues are caused in part by Brexit. Staffing issues are in some part caused by Brexit.

Fuel costs caused by a war the tories were privately begging for to save Boris.

They have done nothing to lessen and in some cases a lot to increase the burden on the general public. These idiots are supposed to be representing & supporting us. Instead they are representing the real elite, they are supporting the real elite because they are the real elites.

Its a mixture. But the airport issues for example, the industry met the government at the beginning of the year and warned of this unless there were alterations made to the security clearance process (currently people can't train until they get security clearance, there are delays in getting security clearance due to government processing issues, training then takes a couple of months, which meant that the people they were recruiting then were not going to be able to work until much later than required. The government did nothing about this until last week. They also suggested trained and previously vetted airport staff could be a visa priority to make sure they had staff in time, again the government declined. Yes, there were lay-offs, but the issues recruiting were known and pointed out by the industry.

I would rather miss a flight than get blown up because security was "lax" - maybe that is just me? And didn`t the airlines take the benefit of furlough?

We have the same issues in the NHS - panels scrutinising job vacancies, CRB checks, mandatory training, 2 days of new starter workshops etc etc. Probably takes 6 months from a vacancy being created to a person landing in it and another 6 months until they are competent.

Do you "rush it and risk it" - or let a few Sleazyjet flights get cancelled?

I’ll bet you have loads of non white friends and do lots for charity too.

It’s utterly ignorant to not blame the government because their actions this week didn’t cause the problems this week.

All of the issues you’ve listed could have been lessened by a competent Government.

However you want to spin it Supply chain issues are caused in part by Brexit. Staffing issues are in some part caused by Brexit.

Fuel costs caused by a war the tories were privately begging for to save Boris.

They have done nothing to lessen and in some cases a lot to increase the burden on the general public. These idiots are supposed to be representing & supporting us. Instead they are representing the real elite, they are supporting the real elite because they are the real elites.

Is something wrong with being higher up the food chain than others? We all are somewhere along the line - even you.

They could have been lessened but maybe they could have been worse? Two sides to every event you know.

Is something wrong with being higher up the food chain than others? We all are somewhere along the line - even you.

They could have been lessened but maybe they could have been worse? Two sides to every event you know.
I’m pretty certain you know this and are playing the “Boris/ Putin troll” role but I’ll bite.

Elitism is not about a food chain because everyone else with reference to power and wealth is below them. Therefore ther is no chain as they are at the top of it. Looking after their elite chums and themselves does not serve the chain just them.

Please do expand on the could have been worse statement.

I’m pretty certain you know this and are playing the “Boris/ Putin troll” role but I’ll bite.

Elitism is not about a food chain because everyone else with reference to power and wealth is below them. Therefore ther is no chain as they are at the top of it. Looking after their elite chums and themselves does not serve the chain just them.

Please do expand on the could have been worse statement.

They did this: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/temporary-cut-to-fuel-duty

They did this: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/government-support-for-the-cost-of-living-factsheet

They did this: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...-industry-following-disruption-at-uk-airports

Shall I carry on?

Of course some will say "Too much" and some will say "Not enough" ............ that is just life. 🤷‍♀️

click the link…. Look at the headline ….. don’t look too deep mind.

This is how he has done ( although I’m sure you’ll point out that the beeb is biased unlike the daily fail.

Nope they aren`t biased as an organisation although some of their staff are less than impartial.

What don`t you understand about the time it takes to deliver things? There was never a pot of trained nurses, police officers or flat pack hospitals.

The other problem with pledges is that the world changes and they have to flex - so NI changes deliver for the poorest but others have to pay more. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom