National News Boris Johnson

Nope they aren`t biased as an organisation although some of their staff are less than impartial.

What don`t you understand about the time it takes to deliver things? There was never a pot of trained nurses, police officers or flat pack hospitals.

The other problem with pledges is that the world changes and they have to flex - so NI changes deliver for the poorest but others have to pay more. 🤷‍♀️
I have been aware of the concept of time for nearly 50 years so, I do think I have a grasp on that. I’ve been aware of telling lies for that sort of length of time too.

What don’t you understand about them telling you lies? You believe what they tell you in a manifesto. When they haven’t done it they say we couldn’t deliver because of these mitigating factors and you say ok and they laugh at you and me and call us plebs.

Not sure what that pink meme is supposed to represent. Maybe that you still haven’t got a clue that they’re taking you and me for a ride.

I have been aware of the concept of time for nearly 50 years so, I do think I have a grasp on that. I’ve been aware of telling lies for that sort of length of time too.

What don’t you understand about them telling you lies? You believe what they tell you in a manifesto. When they haven’t done it they say we couldn’t deliver because of these mitigating factors and you say ok and they laugh at you and me and call us plebs.

Not sure what that pink meme is supposed to represent. Maybe that you still haven’t got a clue that they’re taking you and me for a ride.

Whoever we elect the politicians always get in............................. I`ve never seen a fully delivered manifesto pledge in nearly 60 years!

It just so happens that the conservative party (not the individuals) provides the closest match that fits my life "position".

If another party does that better I`ll vote for them but that is pretty unlikely in the current system.

Labour - too many lefty loons waiting in the wings & ineffective leadership.
Lib-Dems - still recovering from the coalition.
Conservatives - yep, with a small c.
UKIP - busted flush.
Reform - see above.

Now if there was a more liberal, centrist party.............

I would rather miss a flight than get blown up because security was "lax" - maybe that is just me? And didn`t the airlines take the benefit of furlough?

We have the same issues in the NHS - panels scrutinising job vacancies, CRB checks, mandatory training, 2 days of new starter workshops etc etc. Probably takes 6 months from a vacancy being created to a person landing in it and another 6 months until they are competent.

Do you "rush it and risk it" - or let a few Sleazyjet flights get cancelled?
It doesn't make it lax if they check the security clearance at the same time as the 2 month training process. The people still don't get to work at the airport until they get it. Still the same security clearance process. Of course the risk will increase as the government wants to cut 90000 civil servants from across every department.

It doesn't make it lax if they check the security clearance at the same time as the 2 month training process. The people still don't get to work at the airport until they get it. Still the same security clearance process. Of course the risk will increase as the government wants to cut 90000 civil servants from across every department.
... and they’ll blame the civil service depts for problems, as they have with passports and dvla. This is a government that smears others as a matter of course and takes responsibility for nothing.

Whoever we elect the politicians always get in............................. I`ve never seen a fully delivered manifesto pledge in nearly 60 years!

It just so happens that the conservative party (not the individuals) provides the closest match that fits my life "position".

If another party does that better I`ll vote for them but that is pretty unlikely in the current system.

Labour - too many lefty loons waiting in the wings & ineffective leadership.
Lib-Dems - still recovering from the coalition.
Conservatives - yep, with a small c.
UKIP - busted flush.
Reform - see above.

Now if there was a more liberal, centrist party.............
How you can suggest that the Labour Party has an ineffective leadership and too many lefty loonies in the wings and then go on to suggest nothing about an innefective conservative leadership and nothing about a loonie right wing is blinkered to say the least.

Personally I’m centre left who despises the ultra left as much as the ultra right.

I actually believe that a strong opposition would have stunted this idiotic ultra right tory government but I cannot understand how anyone suggesting that they are a conservative with a small c could back this government in any way.

The Tory party went hard right and in return the Labour Party went hard left, and neither was what the country wanted or needed. Whoever out of those two won then we would have had a car crash government. Thankfully the Labour Party seems to have calmed down a bit and is heading back towards the centre. Some of the tories are trying to do the same, but this group of morons who have the helm will keep clinging on till they crash the car or get caught by the fuzz.

How you can suggest that the Labour Party has an ineffective leadership and too many lefty loonies in the wings and then go on to suggest nothing about an innefective conservative leadership and nothing about a loonie right wing is blinkered to say the least.

Personally I’m centre left who despises the ultra left as much as the ultra right.

I actually believe that a strong opposition would have stunted this idiotic ultra right tory government but I cannot understand how anyone suggesting that they are a conservative with a small c could back this government in any way.

The Tory party went hard right and in return the Labour Party went hard left, and neither was what the country wanted or needed. Whoever out of those two won then we would have had a car crash government. Thankfully the Labour Party seems to have calmed down a bit and is heading back towards the centre. Some of the tories are trying to do the same, but this group of morons who have the helm will keep clinging on till they crash the car or get caught by the fuzz.
Spot on.

How anyone can pretend that the current No 10 incumbent hasn't plumbed new depths when it comes to dishonesty and a complete lack of morals, or that this government is weak, ineffectual and flip-flops around on (poorly thought out) policy when the wind changes is beyond me.

The evidence is overwhelming and the stance is frankly embarrassing.

However, that ineffective leadership delivered a stonking parliamentary majority so it appealed to enough people.

Now it's just a matter of who gets to the middle and holds it first.

With Boris racking up in Blackpool suggesting benefits count towards a mortgage he`s starting to sound more like Corbyn than Starmer. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

However, that ineffective leadership delivered a stonking parliamentary majority so it appealed to enough people.
The election was before BJ revealed just how inept he was.

Current opinion polls (according to THIS) have it at Lab 39 Con 33 LD 11, for what opinion polls are worth.

I'm interested to see any detail he will provide (laughs - when has Boris ever dealt with detail) about his apparent policy of giving some people the right to buy the property owned by a private company (at a discount). Not withstanding the folly of reducing the social housing stock again, previous Tory administrations sold off the state owned property, and decided that the private sector was better to provide it, not sure the private sector will respond well to being forced to sell their assets.

It was actually an undemocratic electoral system that delivered a stonking majority for the minority of voters.

I think we have established that genuine PR is something we all want, however that would rock the establishment boat too much so we are unlikely to ever get it.

Meanwhile FPTP it is........

I think we have established that genuine PR is something we all want, however that would rock the establishment boat too much so we are unlikely to ever get it.

Revolution it is then. Now where's my pitchfork?

giphy.gif

And still with a "stonking majority" this government is absolutely useless at delivering anything of substance that actually works the way they first told the gullible it would.

He's a greased piglet in everything he has ever done and yet some seem to think it is a quality worthy of the office of Prime Minister 🤷‍♂️

Boris is really going to turn the Tories into an ineffective opposition inside 2 years of gaffe-prone bungling and lies isn't he? - that will probably go down in the history books as his most noteworthy achievement:ROFLMAO:

Yet the Nancy's will still believe he is capable of change...

And still with a "stonking majority" this government is absolutely useless at delivering anything of substance that actually works the way they first told the gullible it would.

He's a greased piglet in everything he has ever done and yet some seem to think it is a quality worthy of the office of Prime Minister 🤷‍♂️

Boris is really going to turn the Tories into an ineffective opposition inside 2 years of gaffe-prone bungling and lies isn't he? - that will probably go down in the history books as his most noteworthy achievement:ROFLMAO:

Yet the Nancy's will still believe he is capable of change...

Remember that Conservatives turn out and vote while the left just tweet pish and cry in the frothy coffees.............. ;)

They should bring it in simply for the fact that if the bloody yellows forum can actually all agree on something then it must be a good idea!!

Back
Top Bottom