National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

As said elsewhere about Johnson wanting an election. We voted in 2017 under the Fixed Term Act for a hung parliament that would last to 2022. That the Brexiteers don't like this and want another election is wrong, will it be the best of 3 if it is another hung Parliament?

I demand that the "will of the people" and "clear majority" that voted for a hung Parliament see their decision is implemented and followed through. This is clearly a red, white and blue Parliament and those trying to stop a hung Parliament are "enemies of the people".

I say "HUNG MEANS HUNG".

Is it a simplistic view that Labour are

A: ? scared of a GE and being left "holding the brexit baby".
B: Facing annihilation at the polls.
C: Feckin useless.

Just when we need an opposition the Lib Dems are looking the best bet to do it!

Imo costly error by Lib dems the other night , when they abstained on the vote to protect NHS from being sold off to American companies,and therefore, basically 'supporting' the minority government

All three might be - and probably are - true. But it's also true that absolutely nobody in Parliament (including many of his own MPs) trusts Johnson to actually deliver this 'deal' he put together and they suspect that he actually (for political rather than national interest reasons, including the ERG and the Brexit Party) wants a no-deal and will use this as a way of getting it.

Imo costly error by Lib dems the other night , when they abstained on the vote to protect NHS from being sold off to American companies,and therefore, basically 'supporting' the minority government

The vote the other night would have done absolutely nothing to protect the NHS. It was basically like a strongly worded open letter, with no real substance. It had no legislative impact. It was Labour playing games in Parliament.

Labour would be better spending their time focusing on Brexit and if they want to protect the NHS, stay in the EU or at least properly campaign for a 2nd Referendum.

D: Leave Johnson floundering in Govt and allow him to continue embarrassing himself especially as he has to follow through on his tantrum and go on 'strike' as a Govt*. The polling data suggests it isn't good for him after October with the Brexit Party splitting the pro Brexit voters.

As long as Labour don't leave it too long then the gains could be significant for them. Labour could even agree (and very loudly/publically) to support certain of his promises such as 20,000 new police to embarrass him further when the Govt are in strike.

*I suspect the Unions will love this and demand there is a proper, legal vote for the strike to go ahead. ?

@Marked Ox ................ river, stream or ditch...its a moot point really. ;)
1572014824172.png

Get a GE done and the DUP can get back to Stormont......................... oh....

Maybe, but that was yet another “ scare” amendment without an ounce of substance.

Ultimately Brexit could be being “done” but Johnson has thrown his toys out of the pram. Clarke and others were entirely right to say that they could have spent time properly reviewing the agreement with a vote in say two weeks. I’m sure Labour are sh!t scared of an election because they’ve been an absolute shambles under Corbyn and perhaps the weakest opposition I’ve seen in my lifetime. Johnson appears to be sh!t scared too that someone might actually read his deal.

I didn’t want to leave the EU and I don’t want us to leave but I’m getting bored of people like Mogg, Johnson, Patel etc. saying that others are holding it up. Cast your minds back to when May was in power... the same people complaining now voted against a deal three times!

In my opinion he’s fighting the wrong fight. He should get it back in front of parliament discuss any amendments and seek support from across the house instead of relying on his friends in the ERG.

An election only drags things on and ultimately could (and I think will) lead us into a similar sorry state with no clear majority and some poorly cobbled together coalition.

I think I may well have snapped. Brexit has broken me.

When you read her application...

I"Arcuri’s firm was awarded the six-figure sum by the DCMS’s Cyber Skills Immediate Impact Fund despite not meeting requirements that funding not exceed half of the company’s annual income"

Her income was ZERO pounds. She got ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND pounds.

anyone who has filled out a form to get funds from the council for a playgroup or a yout club will know the proecdures are far more rigorous than this.

Bet then Boris Johnson is a serial liar. His own family doesn't trust, him- and you can see why.

Ordinarily the likes of Gary would be furious about the waste of public money., But when Johnson wants to slip a hundred grand tot he pole dancer who gave him "technology lessons" then there's no problem.

Even the likes of Gary lose their head over a provocative but untrustworthy blonde

Ordinarily the likes of Gary would be furious about the waste of public money., But when Johnson wants to slip a hundred grand tot he pole dancer who gave him "technology lessons" then there's no problem.

Even the likes of Gary lose their head over a provocative but untrustworthy blonde
As usual, you make a lot of assumptions. I only pointed out that the hooha over Johnson somehow giving her the 100k contract was unfounded. The atypical attitude of it must be a sham investigation sums our Fake News culture.

Your sneering at Acuri calling her a pole dancer who gave him technology lesson sums up the awful attitude that lefties like you have. You're a credit to your cause! If you were open minded, you'd know that pole dancing is now a perfectly valid and good way for women exercise, not where your grubby left wing mind went. Take it out the gutter for once ;)

Back
Top Bottom