National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

This Government isn’t just your usual incompetents shown in many governments from time to time.
This particular government is just a big bucket of useless turds, hand picked for their lack of knowledge to force though a disastrous Brexit bill.
They should have all been cleared out January 2020 once they got their grubby little job done. Not left to steer us though the worst pandemic in 100 years!!
Other parties are just always inept.

The problem is they won a huge majority at the last election so not everyone thinks like you do.
They were elected on the promise of getting a deal through Parliament, no matter how crap. Helped out by a woeful opposition.
Nobody voted for a Government to be this poor. Unfortunately it was impossible to get one without the other.

In hindsight if Corbyn had won the election he would have been very close or even worse.
I don’t disagree with you. Choosing between Boris and Corbyn was a failing in democracy.
But that shouldn’t distract from pointing out the utter shambles this current government is. They’re the ones in charge after all.

I’m not aware of a worse Government in British political history. I would be interested to hear any suggested candidates that could rival our current lot.

I don’t disagree with you. Choosing between Boris and Corbyn was a failing in democracy.
But that shouldn’t distract from pointing out the utter shambles this current government is. They’re the ones in charge after all.

I’m not aware of a worse Government in British political history. I would be interested to hear any suggested candidates that could rival our current lot.

I`ll take it.
Delivered what the people asked for.
Pretty much a landslide election victory.
Steered us through something nobody alive has dealt with.
We are coming out the other side.

It wasn`t that long ago there was a public & private pay "cap" and the nation was doing 3 days a week to save coal & energy!!

I`ll take it.
Delivered what the people asked for.
Pretty much a landslide election victory.
Steered us through something nobody alive has dealt with.
We are coming out the other side.

It wasn`t that long ago there was a public & private pay "cap" and the nation was doing 3 days a week to save coal & energy!!
Too right you'll take it....you've been taking it for years :ROFLMAO:

It's like watching some poor victim of an abusive relationship. You keep convincing yourself it's for the best and just sit there taking it day after day, softly singing "as long as he needs me" to yourself.

There's others who suffer terribly at the hands of your abuser, but you justify this as OK because at least it's not you being abused this time.

Yep, Tory voters have got a whole floor in Ryan's dungeon. There's even a section for those who enjoy defecating on their own hands and clapping while singing "if you're happy and you know it"

#winning

Too right you'll take it....you've been taking it for years :ROFLMAO:

It's like watching some poor victim of an abusive relationship. You keep convincing yourself it's for the best and just sit there taking it day after day, softly singing "as long as he needs me" to yourself.

There's others who suffer terribly at the hands of your abuser, but you justify this as OK because at least it's not you being abused this time.

Yep, Tory voters have got a whole floor in Ryan's dungeon. There's even a section for those who enjoy defecating on their own hands and clapping while singing "if you're happy and you know it"

#winning

To be perfectly fair when Labour was more centrist they were perfectly electable under Blair.
The Tory`s played their trump card with the Brexit vote and done away with a lot of infighting.
Labour moved to the left under Corbyn and now have their own in-house problems that are distracting them.

On the periphery of the centre ground is where many of us sit, and that is what has to be retained or fought for, and the latest re-shuffle may well grab that in this phase of the election cycle.

It's like watching a prolonged football match where the winger has the full-back in his pocket and we, the centre forwards, are waiting for the cross. :ROFLMAO:

To be perfectly fair when Labour was more centrist they were perfectly electable under Blair.
The Tory`s played their trump card with the Brexit vote and done away with a lot of infighting.
Labour moved to the left under Corbyn and now have their own in-house problems that are distracting them.

On the periphery of the centre ground is where many of us sit, and that is what has to be retained or fought for, and the latest re-shuffle may well grab that in this phase of the election cycle.

It's like watching a prolonged football match where the winger has the full-back in his pocket and we, the centre forwards, are waiting for the cross. :ROFLMAO:
For a 'centrist' you're quite a cheerleader for the government

Apart from the fact that they consistently fail to hit a cows a**e with a banjo (another theme room in Ryan's dungeon....).

IMO it is a sad indictment of current politics when we have (probably) the worst government in living memory presided over by the worst PM (very very probably) ever and there is very little effective opposition - and that there is seems to come from single issue pressure groups rather than from within the 'Westminster village' or the 'political classes' (how I hate those expressions!).

It doesn't matter in my constituency (blue rosette on anything would win, so I normally vote for who I actually think is local and best rather than 'tactically') but surely *someone* can offer some sort of alternative to this shower?

Let's just hope this extra taxation (why on earth not income tax?) is actually spent efficiency rather than it being creamed off by companies paying their care workers as little as possible (and not for their time or petrol between appointments).
Surely if it was income tax this wouldn't include the Employers contribution.
So the likely downside to this would be a significantly reduced amount raised?

Surely if it was income tax this wouldn't include the Employers contribution.
So the likely downside to this would be a significantly reduced amount raised?
Given that there is a ceiling at which NI does not increase (and not one on income tax) I am not sure that is right - but it would mean the richer paid more and (of course) you also pay income tax on *other* sorts of income. So add together the extra from the higher earners and those who don't pay NI at all - that might well even itself out.

An increase in income tax just feels like a 'fairer' way of spreading the load - but I am no tax expert so I could well be wrong or it might be impractical (I am happy to be corrected!). I suspect however that politics is a part of it (pensioners would pay tax on their pensions for one and they are a pretty important part of this government's vote).

Let's just hope this extra taxation (why on earth not income tax?) is actually spent efficiency rather than it being creamed off by companies paying their care workers as little as possible (and not for their time or petrol between appointments).
They cream it off on other ways too.

Set up a shell company in the Cayman Islands. Lend to one of your another companies (that runs care homes) in the uk at 18% interest and cream off all the profit before HMRC gets its hands on it.

How much less would the rise in taxation have to be of this was stopped?

Back
Top Bottom