Ex Player Appleton on why he left OUFC

He is too busy blocking people on twitter who disagree with him to have time to post on here as well.

I have about 10-15 people in total blocked on Twitter. One of them is Piers Morgan. You're one of them, not because I disagree with you, but because I think you're a bit of a dick. Have a nice day.

What a tetchy response this is - firstly, dismissing the fact that Joe might have something interesting to say without looking into it and then just assuming that he might be trying to make a few quid, rather than doing something he enjoys and does well, I'd like to add.

So, you don't sign up to services for the fear of being data harvested or tracked? Just as well you don't have thousands of posts on a public forum where some of your dubious views can easily be seen.

Old folk are allowed to be tetchy thank you, see it as a life journey. :)

After the free play link appeared I listened to all of 5 minutes of "echo-noise" and gave up, he can take that as feedback...literally.

I`m happy with my posts on here, I`m happy they are free to be viewed all on my terms.

Your opinion they are dubious is just that, your opinion if we all had the same views the Romans wouldn`t have set up forums............... ;)

And then Twitter appears................ now that is a poisonous and hostile place!!

After the free play link appeared I listened to all of 5 minutes of "echo-noise" and gave up, he can take that as feedback...literally.

I`m happy with my posts on here, I`m happy they are free to be viewed all on my terms.

Your opinion they are dubious is just that, your opinion if we all had the same views the Romans wouldn`t have set up forums............... ;)

Cheers! That listen just earned me £50!

Last edited:

I'm no spring chicken myself just a bit more broad minded and less reactionary but I'm certainly not disputing anyone's right to an alternative view, just pointing out the nonsense you were spouting as regards signing up to sites. I'm sure you must buy online, Amazon perhaps, the club site - all busy collecting data. I suppose at least your, shall we say, racially tinged views are all in the one place, making for easy viewing.

I'm honestly not all that bothered by what MApp has to say. He had my full support while he was here, even when I was very much in the minority during most of his first season. He brought a different style and transfer model to the club which is still seen today (despite 6 months of chaos with Pep!!)

But he moved on, and it really doesn't matter why. Football is very fickle and very few players or managers stay at clubs for more than 2 or 3 years. (KR is already joint 20th longest serving!)

MApp moved to a PL club, who had recently one the PL, on bigger money, working alongside his mate. It was a no-brainer regardless of what was happening at Oxford. However, he would have known that DE was looking to move on and that he would struggle to build on a decent first season in league 1 and back to back Wembley appearances.

I don't do podcasts and can't be bothered to start now, but I don't know what MApp could say now that would be of much interest to be honest.

In summary, there was nothing that hasn't been said before but it was good to hear all things from the horses mouth in one go.

Not knowing whether DE would be sticking around
Bit of frustration about the future budget
Opportunity to go to the PL (and in that, alongside a good friend)

You can tell Joe is a journo - the thread headline here is a very small part of the 60+mins interview ;)

Was interesting to hear that we'd been discussing loaning Harvey Barnes prior to Appleton himself going to Leicester.

Cheers! That listen just earned me £50! ?

Great news! Maybe you can upgrade the microphone or Mum & Dad will let you in from the shed? :ROFLMAO:
The "echo" was horribly distracting and ,whilst I understand it was probably done remotely via whatever media,maybe a listen back before publishing would be recommended?

Them yokels struggling to come to terms with light switches again :D

A really good listen from one of our most successful managers, I for one would would have him back at The helm at the Kassam in a heart beat, although it is a tight call with Karl currently doing an excellent job.....

I have about 10-15 people in total blocked on Twitter. One of them is Piers Morgan. You're one of them, not because I disagree with you, but because I think you're a bit of a dick. Have a nice day.

If you mean being a dick by once pulling you up on some stuff that wasn’t true then fair enough.

My wife thinks I’m a dick too but unfortunately she hasn’t found out how to block me yet!

A really good listen from one of our most successful managers, I for one would would have him back at The helm at the Kassam in a heart beat, although it is a tight call with Karl currently doing an excellent job.....

Tough call that as I think MApp was excellent at the time but I also think KR is perfect for the club right now. He is fully involved in every aspect of the club from 1st team, academy, philosophy throughout the club and how the club conducts itself. That to me takes a special manager to do. Eddie Howe has done the same at Bournemouth.

Think said "journo" needs to be a bit more thoughtful of his audience..... or he`s just so far up his own a**e his farts become words.... ;)Capture.JPG

Hey he got 25 "likes"............ wooopppyyyy doooooo.

Back
Top Bottom