Djavan Anderson
Jodi Jones
Slavi Spasov
Lie Plumley
Ben Davis
Yoav Sade
Will Owens

From OWS

Matty Taylor, Djavan Anderson and Jodi Jones have all been told that they will not be offered new deals when their current contracts run out in June, as have youngsters Slavi Spasov, Kie Plumley, Ben Davis, Yoav Sade and Will Owens.

Loan players Brandon Fleming, Tyler Smith and Kyle Joseph have returned to their parent clubs, along with Lewis Bate and Ateef Konate, who had previously done so.

Last edited:
From OWS

Matty Taylor, Djavan Anderson and Jodi Jones have all been told that they will not be offered new deals when their current contracts run out in June, as have youngsters Slavi Spasov, Kie Plumley, Ben Davis, Yoav Sade and Will Owens.

Loan players Brandon Fleming, Tyler Smith and Kyle Joseph have returned to their parent clubs, along with Lewis Bate and Ateef Konate, who had previously done so.
This only applies to our of contract players so could there be some possible further departures?

It's worrying how many senior pros who failed us this year are contracted for another year, with a good few in to their 30s and injury prone. Not being able to dump them is going to severely restrict Manning in his summer transfer dealings. I can't see there being making takers for those players who are on decent wages and unable to provide a decent number of appearances

It's worrying how many senior pros who failed us this year are contracted for another year, with a good few in to their 30s and injury prone. Not being able to dump them is going to severely restrict Manning in his summer transfer dealings. I can't see there being making takers for those players who are on decent wages and unable to provide a decent number of appearances
Good point. I am curious how much a club can force a player to go out on loan? If we're lumbered with players who are (ominous footballing phrase) "Not in the manager's plans" then can we at least get someone to take them and take on some/most of the wage? I don't know to what extent a player can just refuse to move and just sit here twiddling his thumbs

I don't know, the person who created this thread called it 'Summer Retained List', then went on to list all of the players we have let go. Talk about a misleading title for a thread. Perhaps I should give him a warning?

I'm finding my feet, okay 😭:ROFLMAO:
Once change I would like to see is "moderators" become "forum overlords". It sounds a lot more cool.

Every forum has moderators. We need to stand out and be different to mark ourselves out as the greatest football forum.

I am genuinley sorry to see Matty go.... I think as a squad player , with his know how and nouce he could've still done a job for us

Manning (& Hobbs) best have some exciting new signings lined up,- I for one was underwhelmed with how the last game (in front of over 10k home fans) panned out, especially 2nd half . There were a few chances that Taylor may well have put away.

Good point. I am curious how much a club can force a player to go out on loan? If we're lumbered with players who are (ominous footballing phrase) "Not in the manager's plans" then can we at least get someone to take them and take on some/most of the wage? I don't know to what extent a player can just refuse to move and just sit here twiddling his thumbs
Some contracted players will have been told exactly this in their meetings
So players who are fully fit will be getting in touch with their agents to try to find somewhere they will have a chance of playing
The injured or older guys will be in a different position of course
I suspect we will see a very different eleven starting the first game next season to that which featured against Accrington

From my knowledge and experience, this happens all the time at most clubs at all levels. New manager comes in and doesn’t rate an existing player under contract. Manager discusses with him in a ‘you’re not in my plans’ meeting. Player knows his immediate income is protected but starts to think about the future e.g. what will he do in a year’s time? Left to stagnate not even making the squad, training with the kids, and his reputation disappears and he’s left with no choice but to accept a loan or curtailed paid-off contract, just so he stands a chance of getting a deal somewhere in a year’s time.

It’s a bit harsh but, as the balance sheets confirm, footballers are all assets and the club who holds their registration contract can call the shots mostly.

I’m in favour of reintroducing a maximum wage in non-league plus Leagues 1&2. Although the bigger clubs would bleat about it, far too many medium and small sized clubs are overstretching financially just to compete, and some more will inevitably go out of business soon.

They have a contract so if they don't want to leave then they can just sit here and twiddle their thumbs all they want.
Depending on the manager will depend on how the player is treated. Some will be told to go and train with the youth team, some will be told to only come in once the 1st team players have left and to train on their own, some will even be told they aren't allowed to use the same changing room as the first team players.
It then comes down to how stubborn a player is to whether they put up with it or bite the bullet and leave.
There is a saying amongst some players though which is 'No doe, no go' so they will tell a manager or a chairman he is happy to leave but the club have to pay his contract up.

Usually you will get a club and player meet half way and the player will get 6 months off his remaining year and then will leave.

Back
Top Bottom