Xemi has left the building!

I was initially excited by this signing but in reality he just wasn't up to the rigours of our league. Good Luck Xemi xx.

He might be one of the reasons why Ledson seems so determined to leave, after all the above posts none were for the good games he had, but he was keeping Lego out the team at times.
Proberbly the damage is done with Lego but reasons why he got upset have left.

He might be one of the reasons why Ledson seems so determined to leave, after all the above posts none were for the good games he had, but he was keeping Lego out the team at times.
Lego must realise that the majority at the club, including the fans would have him in the team. IMO it was a clueless decision by Pep to play anyone in midfield ahead of Ledson.

Don’t actually think he was as bad as some people are making out.

Given he’s still young and had never played in English football, I don’t think he’s looked as out of place as some of our more experienced players have at times this season.

Scored a very good goal against Cheltenham (and came off before it all fell apart) and then scored on his league debut. He often seemed to struggle with the pace of the game, but was quite obviously technically good enough.

That said, if Ledson and Rothwell both stay and Pekalski gets fit soon, he’s probably 6th or 7th choice in midfield, which doesn’t really justify a wage.

Wish him well for the future.

HE might have developed into a decent attacking midfielder but he was never going to anchor it. He may not stay in football,I guess. Not our worst player but we do have a lot of midfielders

I agree but bear in mind lego needs managing physically. Appy had to do that too. And Leo's form was poor - this season he's been trying to be something he's not.

Good luck to the lad. Got thrown into the deep end and didn't swim enough. I suspect he will do better in a less frantic league somewhere

Don’t actually think he was as bad as some people are making out.

Given he’s still young and had never played in English football, I don’t think he’s looked as out of place as some of our more experienced players have at times this season.

Scored a very good goal against Cheltenham (and came off before it all fell apart) and then scored on his league debut. He often seemed to struggle with the pace of the game, but was quite obviously technically good enough.

That said, if Ledson and Rothwell both stay and Pekalski gets fit soon, he’s probably 6th or 7th choice in midfield, which doesn’t really justify a wage.

Wish him well for the future.

I agree, the blame must be with Pep trying to shoehorn him into the team when he wasn't ready, a good example is Wigan, why play him against the top team in the league when we had stronger options on the bench? there were cheers when he got taken off, I can't think what that must have done to his confidence as a young man.

Best of luck to him for the future.

In his very first interview with a media source other than the club, he stated his intention to become a doctor and was quite pleased at being based in the city centre close to the JR.

Football may very well be a hobby that he was decent at, although you do get the feeling that had he not known Pep he wouldn't have ever made it as far up any football pyramid as League One, but clearly his heart lies elsewhere.

Best of luck to him in the future, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone upset about his departure. The comparison with Diaz son is probably the most accurate.

Shame it didn't work out. Can't blame him for wanting to follow his dreams. Better to have regrets about what you tried than to regret never trying. He did score a goal which is more than many Oxford players throughout the years can say!

Best of luck to him either in football or medicine.

Well said.

I remember at Bristol Rovers away we were singing his name as he was warming up, he looked slightly embarrassed! I think he realised he was out of his depth, but who can blame him for giving it a go.

Working at Grimsby Infirmary while plying your trade in Cleethorpes, what could be better?

Yep, it's grim up north. Grimsby may be parting company with Russell Slade, so if Xemi joins and Slade goes, the Forum sponsorship curse is spreading and doesn't stop when the shirt's handed back-in. Frightening.

Deffo one of our strangest signings of all time, wonder if there will ever be an explanation of it ?

Back
Top Bottom