Ex Player Appleton on why he left OUFC

Spotify is a subscription service, you can't have everything for nothing..

Will give it a listen, although MAPP left for the ££ and is old news as far as I am concerned.

They want folk to pay to listen to "MAPP left for the ££`s" ? Like you said its old news.
Glad I never bothered. ? ?

I`m assuming @joe_citrone earns a few pence for each subscriber....... be like the Youtube subscriber beggars then?
More reason to be "out" than in.....

Can`t listen unless you "sign up", more data harvesting pish..... and for that reason I`m out.

sadly, me too ...... stick to formats and mediums that everyone can use, easily, far too easy to presume that most people are signed up to every damn app that exists, .... technophobe luddites like myself struggle to navigate the most basic ones, without having to sign up to invasive apps that are farming user info ... shame as Idve been interested to hear what MApp had to say . Hey ho

You can also find the podcast via any podcast app totally free of charge. I found it on Podcast Addict last night. Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but it's downloaded and ready to go.

what is a podcast app? :rolleyes: ;)

I really like Joe's OUFC thoughts on Twitter, which is why I'm surprised he's not more active on this site.

User history shows he had some Summer Transfer posts last July, but went quiet since and his last 3 are all podcast related, and all starting "Sorry to the guy to plug stuff, but..."

I may give it a listen at some stage, but like others I've accepted what the Appleton situation was and moved on.

They want folk to pay to listen to "MAPP left for the ££`s" ? Like you said its old news.

I`m assuming @joe_citrone earns a few pence for each subscriber....... be like the Youtube subscriber beggars then?

Just to clarify, I don’t earn money if you listen and you can access the podcast on various free platforms.

His explanation for leaving is not as simple as “left for the £££” either ?

A good listen. Good to hear MApp sound relaxed and actually drop his guard a touch to give some anecdotes.

One bit of slight criticism and I appreciate it's hard given the current situation and I'm sure in future you'll be doing them face to face.
I guess it was done over Zoom or similar as there is a lot of background noise and echo? Would there be any way to give it a deeper edit to get rid of any of that in future things you do?

I really like Joe's OUFC thoughts on Twitter, which is why I'm surprised he's not more active on this site.

User history shows he had some Summer Transfer posts last July, but went quiet since and his last 3 are all podcast related, and all starting "Sorry to the guy to plug stuff, but..."

I may give it a listen at some stage, but like others I've accepted what the Appleton situation was and moved on.

He is too busy blocking people on twitter who disagree with him to have time to post on here as well.

What a tetchy response this is - firstly, dismissing the fact that Joe might have something interesting to say without looking into it and then just assuming that he might be trying to make a few quid, rather than doing something he enjoys and does well, I'd like to add.

So, you don't sign up to services for the fear of being data harvested or tracked? Just as well you don't have thousands of posts on a public forum where some of your dubious views can easily be seen.

What a tetchy response this is - firstly, dismissing the fact that Joe might have something interesting to say without looking into it and then just assuming that he might be trying to make a few quid, rather than doing something he enjoys and does well, I'd like to add.

So, you don't sign up to services for the fear of being data harvested or tracked? Just as well you don't have thousands of posts on a public forum where some of your dubious views can easily be seen.

Agreed. Somehow people are politicising a bloke just saying you might enjoy my podcast. Jesus.

Tear down the 5G masts too! Yeah!

• Haha
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom