Ex Player Obscure OUFC XI

Yemi Obudabe - my favourite ever Oxford player and I had my son photographed with him when my son appeared as the club mascot once. I still have that photo and it is signed by Yemi.

In April 2009, new manager and complete anti football tosser Wilder opted not to renew Odubade's contract at the Kassam Stadium due to "the financial terms in his contract", as well as him playing a peripheral role during the 2008–09 season, and the player was told he was allowed to leave the club on a free transfer. During his three and a half-year tenure at Oxford, Odubade made 149 appearances, scoring 33 goals.

Yemi Obudabe - my favourite ever Oxford player and I had my son photographed with him when my son appeared as the club mascot once. I still have that photo and it is signed by Yemi.

In April 2009, new manager and complete anti football tosser Wilder opted not to renew Odubade's contract at the Kassam Stadium due to "the financial terms in his contract", as well as him playing a peripheral role during the 2008–09 season, and the player was told he was allowed to leave the club on a free transfer. During his three and a half-year tenure at Oxford, Odubade made 149 appearances, scoring 33 goals.

Have you ever liked any of our managers? Might not like Wilder the person but he was a decent manager for us.

One for @latvia.United - Kristap's very own nephew with whom we shared many fond memories of his uncle's exploits a few years back.
I'd forgotten about this, well worth reading this thread in it's entirety. Started off sounding reasonable but quickly devolved into talk of giving him a smelting furnace in his honour before signing off with a selfie of him and his uncle. I'd be more than happy for @latvia.United to return under another name, the funniest wind up merchant I can recall.

Ian Stott (not the Oldham Chairman). Played a few games for us at centre half in the late 70's, including scoring at home to Swindon in a 3-3. Centre half. Didn't even have a club and had never played professionally when we signed him. Our manager at the time (Bill Asprey) had coached him for British Grammar Schools. He actually wasn't terrible, but left after a few months to become an accountant.
Ian Stott scored at home to Swindon as you say, that was Boxing Day, think it was his debut. He then also scored the next day away to Port Vale IIRC.

Have you ever liked any of our managers? Might not like Wilder the person but he was a decent manager for us.

Wilder was a decent manager at first and got us back in the league from the Conference but then he just went for dreadful negative football with no progress made and I and others found so boring we eventually stopped watching it but then he quickly left.

I think we have been really unlucky with managers - the only good ones we have have had in recent times being Jim Smith first time round and Appleton.

One sub appearance in the Auto Windscreens cup

He was so obscure that his name was misspelt in the programme
He was staying at my mates house in Headington. Can remember going out to Fifth Avenue with him and a few others.

I think the game he played in was against Bristol City (His actual club)

Wilder was a decent manager at first and got us back in the league from the Conference but then he just went for dreadful negative football with no progress made and I and others found so boring we eventually stopped watching it but then he quickly left.

I think we have been really unlucky with managers - the only good ones we have have had in recent times being Jim Smith first time round and Appleton.

You don't think Dennis Smith was good the first time around?

Andy Harris. Had one first half back in the 90’s

I can remember the French player Norman
Sylla scoring for fun in our reserves/youth team. Never got a look in though!

I saw Toni Obi come on as a sub for the last 5 minutes away at Watford. His only appearance. He looked good!

I'd also add Brian Horton OUT! to that as well, he did a fantastic job under extreme circumstances.

True, my first manager as a regular on the London Road, as a young kid given the Horton out chants I assumed he was doing a bad job, bit confused when he then got the Man City job. With hindsight looking at the level we were playing at with the resources we had both Horton and Dennis Smith had us playing good football and doing well in the nineties, both worthy of mentions as good managers for us.

Back
Top Bottom