Away Match Day Thread +++ 6/10/18 Southend United v OUFC +++

win, lose or draw I think his sacking may come down to the Plymouth game

We are unbeaten since Wednesday and haven’t lost to Southend in months, so good omens ahead of this trip ahead to the Essex seaside town.

Our solid, settled defence gives us the backbone to keep yet another clean sheet, while it’s hard to see any team keeping prolific forwards Obika and Smith quiet, can’t see anything but a comfy win here, 3-0 Obika hat trick.

Like everyone, feeling very despondent, keep thinking it can’t get any worse but it can. Southend 2-0

Edit: Everyone bar holdsteady that is. :)

Last edited:
We are unbeaten since Wednesday and haven’t lost to Southend in months, so good omens ahead of this trip ahead to the Essex seaside town.

Our solid, settled defence gives us the backbone to keep yet another clean sheet, while it’s hard to see any team keeping prolific forwards Obika and Smith quiet, can’t see anything but a comfy win here, 3-0 Obika hat trick.

lol in a parallel universe somewhere maybe, the same one where a monkey types out war and peace by randomly hitting the keys :)

Masochistic I know but does anyone know if the match is available on I follow, to watch in the UK?

lol in a parallel universe somewhere maybe, the same one where a monkey types out war and peace by randomly hitting the keys :)

So you’re saying it’s statistically possible? Okay I’m feeling a bit more positive ?

Looks like it’s fish and chips for the pre match meal. The tall coach and the one with the limo have just gone into the ground with armfuls, quite surreal

Please, please try a different formation, 4 4 2, 5 3 2, 3 5 2, anything but a loan striker.....it’s not worked and if you start with that formation with Obika as the loan striker then it may as well be 4 2 3 0 because it’s bloody not working!

Last edited:
There's some live rugby on Channel 5 at 3pm. I'll be watching rather than depressing myself listening/watching to OUFC lose again.

Please, please try a different formation, 4 4 2, 5 3 2, 3 5 2, anything but a loan striker.....it’s not worked and if you start with that formation with Obika the loan striker then it may as well be 4 2 3 0 because it’s bloody not working!

By loan striker I assume you mean Smith?

There's some live rugby on Channel 5 at 3pm. I'll be watching rather than depressing myself listening/watching to OUFC lose again.

No harm in our team giving rugby a go, is there?

They look knackered after 80 minutes, we’ve got some with bellies on them so props are sorted, Holmes looks a good bet for belting balls over the bar so conversions will be a breeze and we’re experts in passing backwards.

Looks like it’s fish and chips for the pre match meal. The tall coach and the one with the limo have just gone into the ground with armfuls, quite surreal

60s style nutrition, finished off with half a pint of mild and a Silk Cut...

My missus is off to a jumble sale this afternoon, and asked if I wanted to come with her. I actually considered it briefly before deciding that it was somehow my duty to actually listen to the inevitable on the radio...

We never win there, and I highly doubt if we will today.

It appears Radio Oxford internet radio today (in Somerset) is working about as well as the first team has been this season!... cutting in and out of service .... hey ho ...looks like itll have to be keeping in touch with developments in Southend between 3 & 5 pm via Oxford Mail live feed and OUFC official online coverage ( & YF) .....bbc radio Oxford internet broadcast today, down here, is at best 'sporadic' ..... may be sitting in me car listening to non internet radio for the duration of the game!

Back
Top Bottom