Away Match Day Thread +++ 6/10/18 Southend United v OUFC +++

I pray for a good result today, but can only see more doom and gloom. Last time I felt this low about our fortunes was after losing 2-1 away at Hayes & yeading (2010 was it?). Anyhoo, COYY

Dont normally predict...pointless exercise. However, I dont like all this defeatism so we tighten up at the back and a surprisingly comfortable victory. It must happen.........surely?

Oh bloody hell. It’s Saturday and that means we have to play football.

Southend 3 (or however many they want) U’s 0

KR to say we ‘only lost the second half 2-0’ and ‘if it weren’t for the opposition turning up and trying to stop us scoring we could have had a draw’.

It will be a close result - perhaps another 2-1 - but ultimately, we will lose again.

Southend are doing well. We are not. I don’t think, as far as predictions go, it gets more complicated than that.

We didn’t always struggle at Rpots Hall. I’ve been there a few times and seen us win over the years....but I don’t expect that today!

However....as always....Win or lose, up the U’s!

I clearly remember Mark Rawle snatching a winner there around 2003 and another 1-0 around 83/84. Oh yes, a 3-0 about 25 years ago so it's not all been doom and gloom there for us.

Games are coming round far too often at the moment. @PottersRightBoot not going today is a kind of metaphor for the state we’re in.

Buggered if I’m going to indulge in fake positivity. Today is when we turn it around? Why would anyone think that?

Can’t make my mind up about the actual score. 2-0 or 3-0 to Southend?

I obviously want us to win as a default; but there are times like this when you start wondering whether a defeat may be useful in triggering a change in hierarchy. Short term pain for long term gain.

Delighted to say I’ll be on a plane so don’t have to endure the ifollow pain.

I'll predict a very unlikely, and undeservered 1 nil win for Oxford. Who scores or how it goes in don't matter!

I’m hoping upon hope for a win but for the first time ever I’ve bet against us on the coupon at work....disgraceful.

What the hell.....The mighty U's to take an improbable three points with a 2-1 win at Sarfend.
RH and Smith to score. @Dave T in need of valium to calm him down for the bus ride home.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

1-2 Think we will concede in the last 5 seconds of added time

I wonder whether at some stage the players will begin to organise themselves into some semblance of an effective unit and begin to pick up points, almost despite the coaching team, rather than because of them?
There is plenty of time to salvage the season, after all we only have to get a handful of points more than four of the clubs around us and that will suffice, which is entirely doable even with the current squad. Then again, I said that when David Kemp took over!!

In the meantime, about time we got a lucky break to pick up a point so I'll go 1-1
I read something once from Ron Atkinson saying the players never listened to what the manager said and he told the players what to do in the the players chat before the game, god we could do with him now. Kr keeps saying the players don’t do what he says, wonder why?

I think pacy Obika has gone with the team so please could you remove the poster.
Well I'm disappointed they didn't collect their tortoise after I went to the trouble of phoning them, maybe KR convinced them the tortoise in his possessions pace and they thought it was not their tortoise.

With total disillusionment... 2-0 Southend.

Always seems to be a terrible fixture for us anyway and I just can’t see any ray of light over the horizon that will help us turn a corner.

Anything other than 3 points and he has to walk.

Grab a win and he’s earned the right to take us onto Plymouth .

Plymouth are at home to Wimbledon today so we need a result to avoid probably going bottom really, whereas a win could see us one point away from getting out of the relegation zone. Easier said than done of course

Have other matches not been a test?

This is the minimum I expect from the team, some running about and throwing bodies on the line

Attachments

• 0E7F8F3E-B29B-4391-8653-DDBA3B8DB315.png
    0E7F8F3E-B29B-4391-8653-DDBA3B8DB315.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 29
Struggling to even care what the result is. I just want us to be a reasonable team again. Playing good football in mid table.
So whatever result serves to facilitate that.
Another defeat to put the final nail in Robinson’s coffin. Another manager comes in and storm up the league.
Or alternatively everything clicks into place and we win 5-0. Robinson was right all along. And we storm up the league.

Back
Top Bottom