Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/10/19 League Cup OUFC v Sunderland +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win or lose let’s just make sure we make as much noise as we can for the lads because they’ve been playing so well for so long now I just hope there one bad performance doesn’t come in front of a sold out crowd which I normally the case

COYY

I’d play:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Sole
Sykes Baptiste
Hall Taylor Fosu​

Give Gorrin a rest and see if Sole can stand up to the big occasion. I’d like to rest Fosu as well but not sure if Forde is fit enough to start yet.

Let's see what tonight brings, will be hard because our recent games against them have been, and close. Think we will have enough to get into the next round, but let's see.

I hope the ground swellers can add to the atmosphere and make the ground rocking. COYFY

I’d play:

Eastwood
Sole
Sykes Baptiste
Hall Taylor Fosu​

Give Gorrin a rest and see if Sole can stand up to the big occasion. I’d like to rest Fosu as well but not sure if Forde is fit enough to start yet.
I'd rather we played our strongest side, so start Gorrin and definitely not Hall and Sole, as there could be a big pay day in the next round.

It would also be good to put on a decent performance to entice the extra 3,000 home supporters to come back for more.

It looks as if we’ll be forced to rest Brannigan & Cadden, therefore I’d start with our strongest possible side against both Sunderland this evening and Portsmouth at the weekend.

Coupled with the fact that we follow up these matches with trips to Hayes and Crawley where players can be rested and squad players given a chance to show what they can do.

The Ipswich game also looks as if it will be rescheduled, so another free week coming up where players can rest and recuperate.

Eastwood
Henry Gorrin Baptiste
Sykes Taylor Fosu

1-0, Taylor
That’s the lineup I would go with as well.

Robbo said he was gonna rotate Mous and Moore against Rochdale and Sunderland, so I assume Moore will get the nod tonight, and after he did so well against West Ham, he deserves to play.

No point risking Cadden, when we’ve got such a good replacement in Sam Long, and Baptiste is an awesome replacement for Brannagan, who needs to be wrapped up in cotton wool right now!

That said, and given how well we’re playing, I can’t see us losing this, but it’s a one off cup game, so you never know!

Can’t wait!

COYY

Quick question if I may - going to be arriving about 7.30pm tonight which isn't great. Other than overflow parking behind the cinema, any good ideas re parking that late?

I really don't like all this 'play our strongest side' stuff. We have a squad for a reason, and the replacements have already shown that they can more than do a job - just to remind you of some of the comments on here and on radio Oxford when people saw the 'weakened' side we put out in the last round against West Ham:

"Hall and Long playing - Not good"
"Shame we couldn't have gone a little stronger in attack"
(on the radio) "Robinson has ruined the game with the team he's put out"

And look what happened there. KR has already stated in his pre-match interview that there WILL be changes, and rightly so in my mind. We're playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, 3 games in 8 days, and you can't just expect the modern player to do that - injuries will be the only result of that.

Lets have some faith in the boys and believe that there are more than 11 players at the club who know how to win a game!

Fair point Hampshire but the difference tonight is that Sunderland NEED to win whereas I don't reckon West Ham were really bothered.

Quick question if I may - going to be arriving about 7.30pm tonight which isn't great. Other than overflow parking behind the cinema, any good ideas re parking that late?
At that time of the evening you have no chance of anything nearby, might be something left in Sandford but it gets very congested.

3:45 am KO for me so I might have to miss it:( unless I wake up during the night.
Sometimes I wish I had the kind of job where I could easily decide to not go in next day.

I think we’re going to lose this one. Narrowly and unfairly. And it’s going to rile the players so much that they go on and obliterate the league over the next few months.

If you can buy an extra 5/10 mins on your arrival time and you're ok with a 15 min walk the car park on Cuddesdon Way next to Blackbird Leys Park (OX4 6JP), five mins from the Black Bird pub, is a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom