Home Match Day Thread +++27/08/2019 League Cup: OUFC V Millwall +++

Great to win but some of the goals we're conceding look very similar.

The first goal is absolutely horrific. Moore is flat-footed and gets cleanly beaten in the air, Berkoe is dawdling when he could be getting back to assist in a challenge and Mousinho makes a really sorry attempt to stop their guy one-on-one.

The second one is at least a good delivery - although Berkoe could have done more to close him down and I think it's Mousinho again who could/should be tighter on this man.

Obviously we were missing our best defender and our solid LB last night - but that's still 9 goals conceded in three games. Lots to work on at the back.

Ive missed this one but who is Tyler Goodrham

1st year Scholar (could be 2nd year but as said don't think so), played as an u16 in the u18s last season iirc. Looked a handy player with potential as he stood out as quality in the games I saw him where he played in midfield.

The first goal is absolutely horrific. Moore is flat-footed and gets cleanly beaten in the air, Berkoe is dawdling when he could be getting back to assist in a challenge and Mousinho makes a really sorry attempt to stop their guy one-on-one.

The second one is at least a good delivery - although Berkoe could have done more to close him down and I think it's Mousinho again who could/should be tighter on this man.

Obviously we were missing our best defender and our solid LB last night - but that's still 9 goals conceded in three games. Lots to work on at the back.
It was Moore who lost his man for the second and he really should have won that header for the first. He needs to improve quickly.

Long was poor! Gave the ball away way to often, didn’t mark that well etc. Oh and poor crosses when he had good opportunities to deliver e.g. hitting first man.

Just such a reactive player, but goodish cover I guess.

Absolutely horseshit imo

Totally agree @Bigfella72

I really don't understand how people can not see a really solid player in Sam Long. He is defensively better than Cadden and whilst not as quick, he still got down the line several times and got some decent crosses in.

It's sad that some people make up their minds on a player, write them off and never see what so many others do.

Last edited:
1st year Scholar (could be 2nd year but as said don't think so), played as an u16 in the u18s last season iirc. Looked a handy player with potential as he stood out as quality in the games I saw him where he played in midfield.
Thanks mate

3rd round? Can see us getting an away draw against a decent side, maybe Everton away?

Totally agree @Bigfella72

I really don't understand how people can not see a really solid player in Sam Long. He is defensively better than Cadden and whilst not as quick, he still got down the line several times and got some decent crosses in.

It's sad that some people make up their minds on a player, right them off and never see what so many others do.

What a splendid post. Long makes the defence solider than Cadden ever will and thus forum seems to always underestimate his value in attack.

I hope gets a decent run in the team. He's one of our own.

Back
Top Bottom