Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/11/2019 Southend United V OUFC League 1 +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good return to action for the team yesterday and our incredible run continues.
Next up, Walsall in the cup where I suspect we will field a pretty strong team once again. Such is the beauty of having such a strong squad that we can pitch up to these places and put some real talent on the pitch. Great
times eh?

Among all the records we've been setting recently, have we ever scored 4 goals twice in succession away from home I wonder?

Just watched the extended highlights on iFollow and it was the regular commentator so you would think he would do his research; he clearly didn't as apparently Dan Agyei is on loan from Burnley, not permanently our player!

I was in the main stand yesterday near our dug out. One Southend fan was giving KR stick "where's your suit and tie, and look at those shoes". The guy behind me told his grandson "when you play football tomorrow, do the opposite of what Southend are doing and you'll be fine".

Really enjoyed the match yesterday, I love the exciting attacking football we are playing at the moment. When they came at us a bit in the second half we defended confidently and it was only a matter of time before we caught them on the break to finish them off. The icing on the cake was Dan Agyei coming on to score his first goal for our club.
Well done Dan!!! Well done OUFC !!!

COYY

Last edited:
Last 11 games we have scored 4 and won - generally about 8-1 - 3 times, won 3-0 3 times - generally about 16-1 - for a 73 point profit. The 4+ versus WHU was 350-1. A good bet every week, home or away

I remember playing Southend at the Manor in around '82. I think it was Roy Burton's birthday. They ruined his day by beating us 2-0. Bollox to Southend ha ha ha!

My first win at Roots Hall after about the 5th attempt!
Really enjoyed the game despite sitting back for a large chunk of the 2nd half and fearing the worst (conceding a couple of goals) but this team is clearly a whole different prospect and I obviously needn’t have worried!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom