Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/10/19 League Cup OUFC v Sunderland +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Phil Trainer back on a short term deal to boost the midfield numbers, and make sure he’s on free kicks.

Well, we will play a changed side anyway - presumably Long for Cadden, Baptiste for Brannagan and Taylor for Mackie. Possibly Moore for Mousinho? Other than that, I'd be tempted to keep it as it is, unless Robinson keeps Fosu on the bench and gives Forde (or Hall) a run out. Sykes can keep going, he hasn't played much and is doing well (if only that shot had gone in after his lovely run!)

I may be wrong but I thought I read that the Mackems, under Parkinson, were playing a lot more route 1 tactics? Could be that having Moore start with his height, alongside the Dickster would be a good defence.

Well, we will play a changed side anyway - presumably Long for Cadden, Baptiste for Brannagan and Taylor for Mackie. Possibly Moore for Mousinho? Other than that, I'd be tempted to keep it as it is, unless Robinson keeps Fosu on the bench and gives Forde (or Hall) a run out. Sykes can keep going, he hasn't played much and is doing well (if only that shot had gone in after his lovely run!)

Or if only he had passed it!

Not sure he’s doing well as such, looks a bit out of form and low on confidence to me, but I agree with keeping him in as he’s clearly got lots of ability.

I think we'll win, I'll say my usual 2-0, I'm sticking to that on the basis it ends up being 3-0!

Shame about Brannagan. I would think Baptiste would be favourite to come in.

I'll keep my excellent standards up and say 1:1 , last gasp equaliser from Baptiste....then , who knows.

This team seems to be all about the group not the individual. With that in mind, missing one or two has not unduly affected us in performances that have been right up there.
We have the personnel to hurt teams and provided that the boys stick to the tenets of hard work and sharp passing that has got us so far, we will win this one. 2-0 Taylor and Henry.

Not quite so confident with CB out. Maybe Gorrin could play there with Mous taking dm role

Hoping the team is.. Eastwood, Long Dickie Moore Ruffels, Gorrin Baptiste, Forde Henry Fosu, Taylor

Bench - Stevens, Berkoe, Mousinho, Hall, Sykes, Aygei, Mackie.

And
According to the OWS the game can be listened to on iFollow if you are in the UK. Overseas customers of iFollow can see the match live as well as the RO commentry. Lucky me :)

And me! And it won't be in the middle of the night! Even I can get up at 6:45 in the morning...

PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes John Byrne, Chris Maguire, Billy Whitehurst, David Rush, Jerome Sinclair,
Marco Gabbiadini, David Connolly, Andy Melville and Martin Gray.

DBDYFspXYAAFbJS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom