EFL 25/03/2023 - Today's League One Fixtures

But we have not won for 11 games

Sure, we're awful.

But Morecambe have also only won one out of their last twelve.

With only seven games left, and none against anyone lower than 14th in the table, I reckon it's unlikely now that Morecambe even get to 40 points.

Crazy things happen in football, but right now it looks to me like a straight fight between us and Accrington for 20th.
And the fact that they are losing 5-0 to a midtable Exeter side that have nothing to play for, and are so mediocre that we've managed to put four past them twice this season......well it gives me hope!

I think at the least we want to keep our noses above Accrington so they have to come to us looking to win, the remaining fixtures are fairly comparable with both having a few where they could pick up points and the rest where it’s unlikely, means we probably at the very least need to match how they do in the easier games and keep our noses in front.

I’d love that Sam Nombe in the summer.

I think that we are incredibly lucky, that those four teams below us, are absolute dross. Otherwise relegation would be a formality!
The bottom 4 are always poor each season. They were probably worse last season.

Both fixtures at full time now, Accrington and Morecambe lose. The best league one days are when Oxford have no game!
Yes, but what I would have given to get behind the team with 1200 other Oxford fans at the Posh.
I was really surprised at the turn out last week. As good as it was due to distance etc, I really thought it would be nearer to 800.
Next week hoping for 1000 travelling, but fear it will be far lower.

I can only see Accrington getting 4 or 5 points before they play us and Morecombe maybe only another 7 or so points in total, and that assumes that the likes of Charlton, Lincoln and Exeter have nothing to play for in the last few games. MK Dons have picked up a few good wins, but have a hell of a run in and won't win the next three 1-0.

Obviously we've been just as shite, but a couple of wins and a couple of draws should be enough.

Today was like winning three points.
Accrington look doomed losing to Exeter. Some of their fans even want him out which I think is a mistake.
Morecambe must be on the slippery slope too.
At least it’s in our hands

I can only see Accrington getting 4 or 5 points before they play us and Morecombe maybe only another 7 or so points in total, and that assumes that the likes of Charlton, Lincoln and Exeter have nothing to play for in the last few games. MK Dons have picked up a few good wins, but have a hell of a run in and won't win the next three 1-0.

Obviously we've been just as shite, but a couple of wins and a couple of draws should be enough.
Hope you are right but easier said than done - the biggest worry is we don't seem capable of winning

Hope you are right but easier said than done - the biggest worry is we don't seem capable of winning

Had we had two weeks to prepare before the Morecombe game rather than after it then I'm sure we would have won. We tired towards the end but were good value for the win until 70 minutes. We were also much better against Derby, if still making mistakes in both boxes and could have got something out of that if our confidence wasn't completely shot.

We can take nothing for granted, and Peterborough are no mugs, but there are a few green shoots of hope.

Had we had two weeks to prepare before the Morecombe game rather than after it then I'm sure we would have won. We tired towards the end but were good value for the win until 70 minutes. We were also much better against Derby, if still making mistakes in both boxes and could have got something out of that if our confidence wasn't completely shot.

We can take nothing for granted, and Peterborough are no mugs, but there are a few green shoots of hope.
This is a bit rose-tinted, though, let’s be honest.

Besides our goal against Morecambe, what did we actually do in that game? I agree we were the stronger side for most of it but that was largely due to us play ‘this is our ball’ but never really showing any invention and despite having a win and a clean sheet to hang on to, we completely ran out of fight, no second wind. The goal was embarrassing. Morecambe made good changes, swapped the system around and thoroughly deserved the point. They did as much in the last 15 mins of the game as we’d done in the rest. An extra week prep may have helped fine tune but I was left completely underwhelmed by the team that day.

Derby was OK. Probably the best we’ve played in this pathetic run of results but looking at Derby’s recent results, that was an opportunity for points missed while we now travel to the team steaming in on their play off place.

I’m expecting a radical change for Peterborough. Since Karl left, he may as well have been picking the team from his living room as we’ve not done anywhere near enough to reverse this run.

This is a bit rose-tinted, though, let’s be honest.

Besides our goal against Morecambe, what did we actually do in that game? I agree we were the stronger side for most of it but that was largely due to us play ‘this is our ball’ but never really showing any invention and despite having a win and a clean sheet to hang on to, we completely ran out of fight, no second wind. The goal was embarrassing. Morecambe made good changes, swapped the system around and thoroughly deserved the point. They did as much in the last 15 mins of the game as we’d done in the rest. An extra week prep may have helped fine tune but I was left completely underwhelmed by the team that day.

Derby was OK. Probably the best we’ve played in this pathetic run of results but looking at Derby’s recent results, that was an opportunity for points missed while we now travel to the team steaming in on their play off place.

I’m expecting a radical change for Peterborough. Since Karl left, he may as well have been picking the team from his living room as we’ve not done anywhere near enough to reverse this run.

Every silver lining has a cloud!!

Every silver lining has a cloud!!
Just the truth. It wasn’t a good performance and wasn’t the required result. I didn’t take much encouragement from Morecambe other than that we played poorly but didn’t lose.

Derby was a different type of game and I felt we were good value for a draw there but then if you make the types of mistakes we did (and continuously do), you don’t deserve anything.

Just the truth. It wasn’t a good performance and wasn’t the required result. I didn’t take much encouragement from Morecambe other than that we played poorly but didn’t lose.

Derby was a different type of game and I felt we were good value for a draw there but then if you make the types of mistakes we did (and continuously do), you don’t deserve anything.
I didn’t think Derby was particularly good, we could have had a draw if not for the ridiculously sloppy third goal but it was the same old story of decent approach play but concede from the first chance against us - so predictable.

It’s a cage fight between two armless and legless fighters.

The only thing we really have going for is this season is how bad the bottom teams are, an average season and we would go down, looks like the points total will reflect that.

You are taking on @RyanioBirdio for that marketing role aren`t you? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

FFS what has it come too.....?

Back
Top Bottom