Matches Top 6 Race 2023/24

Having spent time watching numerous OCC meetings, crafted letters to councillors and supporting our application, I feel my intellect and awareness is at an optimum level. I have considered the thoughts on this thread and feel it is time I explained what will happen on Saturday and my rationale.

Barnsley will beat Northampton, 2-0, though nervous they will have the crowd behind them following the change in leadership. Northampton are hoping Kelvin will take them on a USA pre-season tour similar to the infamous OUFC one, so will be on the fabled 'beach'.

Lincoln will win 1-0 against Portsmouth. Pompey will put up a fight but the Imps will be taking full advantage of their time wasting skills against a team that won't complain too much.

We don't need to discuss Blackpool, though they will win, bouyed on by a large away support just pleased to get away from Chinese fake rock for a few days.

So to the mighty Yellows, lets look at the facts:

Tom Reeves, our match referee, recently lauded for his handling of a difficult racist situation at the Gillingham Vs Newport match, appears to be a level headed and compassionate chap who would more likely appreciate our silky skills against another team versed in the dark arts. Looking at the stats 44% of the games he has refereed were home wins, 6% draws and 50% away wins.

Exeter will want to put a show on for their supporters, which will backfire similar to our Burton away match where as free flowing, counter attacking will win the day.

With the game kicking off at 12:30, our opening goal will be at 12:43, second 13:00, then 13:13, followed by 13:31, 13:52 and 14:02 (please remember, my brain is now at optimal level and therefore my lucky number comes into play).

The last fact to confirm all the above - I will be wearing my lucky pants.

We will win 6-0, leaving us on the same points and goal difference to Lincoln. We go into the playoffs having scored more goals in league matches.

COYY's
I knew AI would come to the forum in the end

Amended playoff dates as per the EFL website, but the Sky website still have them in the original slots.
No comms from the EFL, they've just changed the below graphic from what it was previously.

1713956886330.jpeg

Last edited:
You make some good points. I think it is also down the quality of the managers.

Ipswich: Kieran Mckenna
Plymouth: Stephen Schumacher
Portsmouth; John Mousinho
Derby; Paul Warne

I know the point will be made about Mourinho's lack of experience to me a born leader and I hope he goes on to be a Premier league manager (not with Portsmouth)
Des Buckingham had considerably more first team management than 3 of those at the point they took those jobs. It’s a too-simplistic comparison given the number of variables between clubs but I certainly don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a lot more than we’ve had next season.

Last edited:

Hmm... Sounds positive in principle, but also reads a bit like a teenager placating a parent having been on a massive bender last weekend and soiling themselves on the front door step.

"Last week was a one off, just needed the blow out after exams. Honestly mum, it won't be a heavy one on Saturday".

Before proceeding to get f*cked up worse than the week before.

You make some good points. I think it is also down the quality of the managers.

Ipswich: Kieran Mckenna
Plymouth: Stephen Schumacher
Portsmouth; John Mousinho
Derby; Paul Warne

I know the point will be made about Mousinho's lack of experience to me a born leader and I hope he goes on to be a Premier league manager (not with Portsmouth)

Just to point out - three of those four managers (Warne being the obvious exception) were in their first full season managing an English club, having taken over in December or January the previous year (and finished between 7th and 11th)

Des may have the perfect managerial profile after all!

Hmm... Sounds positive in principle, but also reads a bit like a teenager placating a parent having been on a massive bender last weekend and soiling themselves on the front door step.

"Last week was a one off, just needed the blow out after exams. Honestly mum, it won't be a heavy one on Saturday".

Before proceeding to get f*cked up worse than the week before.
Tbf he would hardly say we couldn't give a f**k could he - and also neither he nor his side owe us anything

Back
Top Bottom