Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: O'Donker

• Sub: Goodrham

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sub: Findlay

• Total voters
Hey man one thing I've learnt over the past few weeks is don't post after a few beers lol [emoji38] just remember all of us fans want the same thing when it comes to the new stadium I'm sure every single one of us have emailed the council [emoji106]

Indeed. But not everyone has.

There will be some on here even who haven’t (or who haven’t persuaded a friend, neighbour of family member to do the same).

One more day to do so if you’re reading this!

Seen a number of posts about being an exile and whether or not that disqualifies you from writing to the councillors.

It does not. You need not even mention your location but it doesn’t matter one jot if you choose to.

All that matters is that you write, then, no matter what happens on Tuesday, you’ll know that you did all you could to help your club.

]
There’s no denying we look a better defensive side with a back 5.

Put Joseph in for Bodin & that’s got to be the XI for Wycombe?

Interesting. I certainly thought we were more solid defensively from a central perspective - especially as I thought the shield from the midfield 3 was poorer than it has been recently.

In wide areas, Ipswich seemed to get in behind the wing backs on numerous occasions.

I guess by definition that will happen if we are looking to not get boxed in and have the WB offer more higher up.

Chicken and Egg and all that., I suppose.

Liked the look of Fleming. Get a couple of games in his legs and he could be a really good option.

Seen a number of posts about being an exile and whether or not that disqualifies you from writing to the councillors.

It does not. You need not even mention your location but it doesn’t matter one jot if you choose to.

All that matters is that you write, then, no matter what happens on Tuesday, you’ll know that you did all you could to help your club.

I would actually add your location.

Put it this way, without Oxford united these exiles wouldn't bother entering this county again. The loss of revenue to the county is huge, it certainly isn't comparable to a high street pub as our good friend Steve Hill seems to think.

Bus companies, Train companies, taxi drivers, fuel stations, shops, hotels, bars , restaurants, other leisure facilities all benefit from when we have a home game.

All that can be saved by building on a tiny little triangle site between a dual carriageway a roundabout and a single carriageway.

Approaching legendary status.
A trio of U's legends as guests at half time at the match yesterday .... Colin Flash Harrington, Ken Skeen & Big Ron Atkinson aka Tank... good to see theyre still with us- though bit of a shame that the weather meant unless you were in ssl ( or ssu?) It was hard to see them

I would actually add your location.

Put it this way, without Oxford united these exiles wouldn't bother entering this county again. The loss of revenue to the county is huge, it certainly isn't comparable to a high street pub as our good friend Steve Hill seems to think.

Bus companies, Train companies, taxi drivers, fuel stations, shops, hotels, bars , restaurants, other leisure facilities all benefit from when we have a home game.

All that can be saved by building on a tiny little triangle site between a dual carriageway a roundabout and a single carriageway.
I said that I was an exile and mentioned that I see oufc as one of the things that people come back to Oxfordshire for again and again (not just once for a tour round a college before heading to Windsor). It is also one of the few things about Oxford (other than the uni) that a surprising number of people in Perth know about (lots of 50+ poms here).

Brannagan's goal was no non-event. Thundered it in. No swerving left or right, straight as an arrow into the bottom corner. Perfect view from left side , East Stand. Not too cold in row X, but freezing at pitch level.
The winner was one of the bits I could see from fhe SSL! Made by the determination of Goodrhm, who had just come on.

Hey no problem, I realised what you were doing, just seemed a little odd in the way you were doing it after such a great win yesterday and on this match day thread. Having said that I think everyone would understand your real intentions and meaning, and for that I applaud you 👏 along with attending and speaking out at the meeting the other night. Lets all keep up the fight together as well as supporting the side on match days when we can 👍

COYY
I got emotional reading that.
Yellows for ever .

D-Day (the first of many) is approaching, email TODAY

Would make it easier if you could copy & paste the contacts. With the titles for both Liz’s it then doesn’t copy their details.

Also, can someone tell me the exact decision being made on Tuesday please? This would help with the subject title too.

The link (bold bit in link) asks why they haven’t made a decision and the consequences of their indecision, but I thought this meeting was about them making that decision, so can someone clarify this too please? e.g. how can we raise our frustration about them not making a decision if this is the first meeting to make a decision?

Getting back to the game…..

The ‘FANs VIEW’ 🫣thread might reveal all. …..or not.

What say you, Thin Bloke?

Would make it easier if you could copy & paste the contacts. With the titles for both Liz’s it then doesn’t copy their details.

Also, can someone tell me the exact decision being made on Tuesday please? This would help with the subject title too.

The link (bold bit in link) asks why they haven’t made a decision and the consequences of their indecision, but I thought this meeting was about them making that decision, so can someone clarify this too please? e.g. how can we raise our frustration about them not making a decision if this is the first meeting to make a decision?

The decision on Tuesday is to, or not, enter into detailed discussions/the nitty gritty with OUFC over the lease for The Triangle. If the club get the nod on Tuesday, a final decision would still be needed by OCC to grant the lease. Approval on Tuesday would allow OUFC to start the planning process though.

The bit about indecision is that the can has already been kicked down the road as this is the 2nd meeting where they'll decide on whether to go to the next stage. The 1st meeting was early last year when OCC decided that consultation was needed. The fear is that this happens again as the opponents keep pushing this knowing it will delay the process again and we have a deadline. Hence the calls for a decision to be made on Tuesday rather than kicking the can down the road again.

First game for my brother and his lady. Both enjoyed the game despite the fog and the freezing cold! Praise for Ciaran Brown, Cam Branagan and Tyler Goodhram. (the latter was described, by her, as being a "real cutie")
All in all, a good day for us bar the car throwing a bit of a wobbly on the way home when all the lights went off, flickered and came back on again! Will have to brave the cold later and have a poke around to find the problem. Apparently, it is not unknown for Jags to do this, something to do with where they put the electrical connections - under the bloody front wheel arch! Madness.

Best get it fixed before Tuesday as we will be off to Wycombe.

Like the sound of @ECYellow 's inside tip that KR will be gone when we hit 50 points - only 15 more to go. . . . .

Great result but also confirmed my long held belief that Taylor is well past his best; to such an extent he is becoming a liability

On the pitch for a short period of time, 2 lazy offsides, 1 unneccssary foul plus no real hold up play.

He is a better centre back than right back, that’s been true for over a year now, with probably his best position being on the right side of a back 3. Actually suits him and Brown best that formation and covers Moores lack of pace.

Robinson might not want to play it but with the players we have now 3-5-2 is our best formation, we might not be the prettiest team to watch when we play it but you get the feeling we will win more games doing so.

Agree with this. Long on the right side of the back three with McNally last year was a sexy prospect. Think with Fleming and Anderson wingbacks is the way forward, means we can still have Brown and Long playing and defend better in the wider areas. Whether Robbo continues, who knows!

First game for my brother and his lady. Both enjoyed the game despite the fog and the freezing cold! Praise for Ciaran Brown, Cam Branagan and Tyler Goodhram. (the latter was described, by her, as being a "real cutie")
All in all, a good day for us bar the car throwing a bit of a wobbly on the way home when all the lights went off, flickered and came back on again! Will have to brave the cold later and have a poke around to find the problem. Apparently, it is not unknown for Jags to do this, something to do with where they put the electrical connections - under the bloody front wheel arch! Madness.

Best get it fixed before Tuesday as we will be off to Wycombe.

Like the sound of @ECYellow 's inside tip that KR will be gone when we hit 50 points - only 15 more to go. . . . .
As a sidenote if you need any parts let me know! I work at jlr oxford so can supply what you need 😊

Great result but also confirmed my long held belief that Taylor is well past his best; to such an extent he is becoming a liability

On the pitch for a short period of time, 2 lazy offsides, 1 unneccssary foul plus no real hold up play.

I thought he was helpful in the closing stages - one of the things he does actually do well at the moment.

He kept it in the corner well at 2-1 and won a brilliant free-kick with some well-judged theatrics.

Particularly enjoyed it when he hoofed it over the North Stand (assuming it did go over - couldn’t see from the East Stand)!

I don’t actually mind Taylor as a last 20-minute sub at the stage. Like Mackie, he’s useful at helping to protect a league (and is good at defending our own set-pieces - often gets the ball away well). Unlike Mackie, I think he still has something of a goal threat too and particularly against a tired defence when his loss of a yard will be helped.

A new contract would need to be on reduced terms which he might not accept, but a rather good second or third choice striker for League One. Just not a starter each week these days. No shame in that - he’s entering the last few years of his career, has worked his a**e off for years and has been brilliant here and elsewhere.

The decision on Tuesday is to, or not, enter into detailed discussions/the nitty gritty with OUFC over the lease for The Triangle. If the club get the nod on Tuesday, a final decision would still be needed by OCC to grant the lease. Approval on Tuesday would allow OUFC to start the planning process though.

The bit about indecision is that the can has already been kicked down the road as this is the 2nd meeting where they'll decide on whether to go to the next stage. The 1st meeting was early last year when OCC decided that consultation was needed. The fear is that this happens again as the opponents keep pushing this knowing it will delay the process again and we have a deadline. Hence the calls for a decision to be made on Tuesday rather than kicking the can down the road again.

Especially as what they will be agreeing to specifically instructs for further consultations anyway:

Instruct officers to identify further opportunities for engagement with a broad range of stakeholders as proposals for a scheme are developed.
This should include an engagement strategy from OUFC to demonstrate how they will take into account stakeholder and community views as the scheme promoter.

Back
Top Bottom