Away Match Day Thread 20/11/2021 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is helpful to second guess those who may or may not be vaccinated and to judge them for it.

On a personal level I think everyone should be vaccinated, and think that those who can have it done but choose not to are stupid and selfish. But I also believe in personal choice and unless made compulsory nationally, through the EFL or the club then we should recognise their right to choose.

Geez this will give the consortium thread a little break.

+ Fell ill overnight
+ Players start reporting symptoms
+ Took tests to verify
+ Test results come in
+ Bring together EFL, Wigan and Oxford representatives
+ All sides have to be contacted and gather on call to agree they don’t want to play to prevent further spread amongst healthy players (potentially from those not showing symptoms yet)
+ Communication drafted and issued before midday

I don’t think anyone can complain about the timeline or the decision although undoubtedly plenty will to fit whatever narrative they need to get to

CASE CLOSED
Yep, everything done as well as csn be during what would've been a challenging few hours for all concerned. Yet some of our fans consider it shambolic FFS.

We will never know but I gather that there are players at the club not vaccinated. Should be made to just get on with it if that is the case.

How about everyone says where they are going in the country for a game, and give a half time report. Met a guy at the services, south of Wigan who was going up to Barrow. Another 100 miles north. We've ended up at Ashton.
Just had to get the first team coach from the bar, an Altringham player in loan from today couldn't get in.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wonder what the odds are that Tuesday's game will be called off as well?

How about everyone says where they are going in the country for a game, and give a half time report. Met a guy at the services, south of Wigan who was going up to Barrow. Another 100 miles north. We've ended up at Ashton.
Just had to get the first team coach from the bar, an Altringham player in loan from today couldn't get in.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Great idea.

It will give the forum mod’s eight matches worth of @bazzer9461’s reactionary ramblings to moderate though!

Appropos not much at all, I've just booked a car park space for MK Dons on the 11th December. Quite surprised to see only (!) 245 spaces left. They must be holding an old car show, or something to fill the place up this soon!

I don't think the club could've handled it much better. Daily testing and even trying to sort an emergency loan to get the game on. Sucks for the travelling fans, but the club has done everything it could.

I don't think the club could've handled it much better. Daily testing and even trying to sort an emergency loan to get the game on. Sucks for the travelling fans, but the club has done everything it could.
Easty out by the sound of that story.

I don't think it is helpful to second guess those who may or may not be vaccinated and to judge them for it.

On a personal level I think everyone should be vaccinated, and think that those who can have it done but choose not to are stupid and selfish. But I also believe in personal choice and unless made compulsory nationally, through the EFL or the club then we should recognise their right to choose.
I don't think the two things are contradictory. You can appreciate that people have a right to choose, and still think them foolish and selfish to choose a particular way.

Not that there's any evidence anyone at the club falls into that category, of course.

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Got as far as Wolverhampton to see hundreds of Hammers fans pouring off the train. Got return train. My reward for going to Bristol on Tuesday? On way to see Saxton Rovers Reserves v Kennington Athletic Reserves, top of the table clash in Oxfordshire Senior League Division Two. Knew I should have stuck to grass roots football!

Last edited:
I caught Covid two months after my second jab. Was relatively mild though, possibly due to the vaccine.
I know that, I possibly worded that wrong if positive who was responsible we and possible them won’t know. But LFT’s aren’t always reliable

[/QUOTE]
I imagine personal choice has put Austria in the position it is today. Total lockdown and mandatory in February.

The Wigan fans commenting on the clubs posts on twitter don't seem the brightest bunch.

I imagine personal choice has put Austria in the position it is today. Total lockdown and mandatory in February.
[/QUOTE]
had both vaccines ... and this last week had the booster - booster was Pfizer , both of the 2 doses AZ Oxford - no side effects from the 2 doses, whereas the booster gave me a dead arm ( finally passed after 3 days) , and I feel like I've been hit by a bus, as well as Im feeling really tired and lethargic ( which hasn't passed- as yet)..... yesterdays lft =negative..... though Im still feeling crap today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom