Away Match Build Up 20/11/2021 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A draw, to build the foundations of an undefeated run that lasts until February. :)

Either that or we get spanked and Christmas looks a bit Scrooge like...............

Happily take a draw as long as there is a reaction from the players after Tuesday. I want to see fight and passion for the entire game, not just some of it. Would be thrilled with a win, but recognise it's going to be a hell of a result if we do win. Team for me:

Easty
Long Moore Thornily Seddon
Kane
Henry CamBran
Whyte Taylor Holland

Reckon Whyte will be slightly fresher than Sykes, and will give us probably our freshest and fittest front 6 to run at and challenge the Wigan players with 120 minutes in the legs from Tuesday.

Happily take a draw as long as there is a reaction from the players after Tuesday. I want to see fight and passion for the entire game, not just some of it. Would be thrilled with a win, but recognise it's going to be a hell of a result if we do win. Team for me:

Easty
Long Moore Thornily Seddon
Kane
Henry CamBran
Whyte Taylor Holland

Reckon Whyte will be slightly fresher than Sykes, and will give us probably our freshest and fittest front 6 to run at and challenge the Wigan players with 120 minutes in the legs from Tuesday.
Im pretty sure sykes will be starting. Important and consistent player now and thats why KR took him off after 70 mins to keep him for saturday. Whyte is a good option off the bench in the last 30 with his pace against tiring defenders. Draw would be a great result after the draw at ipswich, but no reason why we cant grab all 3 points if we perform to our best.

like most of the support, most of the players will be 'hurting' after last nights calamitous collapse n capitulation..... them there players can 'put it right' with an away win on Saturday.... Wigan also went to 120 mins last night,.... I fancy the mighty U's will bounce back from last night & grab all 3 points

So Wigan's home form this season has been only alright (their away form has been absolutely spectacular)
They've lost to Lincoln, Wednesday & MK Dons......none of whom are exactly world beaters.

I reckon it'll be another tight game, like Saturday. No more than one goal in it.

2-1 win for the yellows.

Normal back 4,
Bran, Kan & Henry
Whyte, Taylor & Sykes

How many tickets have we sold?
No idea ECYellow.

I'm not sure we've sold our initial allocation yet based on the tweet yesterday.

I was hoping we'd sell over 1,000 for this one but our cup game seems to have deflated a few.

If we are serious about promotion, then unless we want to repeat last season (when we just couldn't beat the top teams) we need to get *some* sort of result at Wigan. A draw at Ipswich was OK but not brilliant (aren't they actually below us in the table? Surely a win wouldn't have been impossible?), the manner of the loss to Brizzle was startling. We could do with a win really to get us going again.

No idea ECYellow.

I'm not sure we've sold our initial allocation yet based on the tweet yesterday.

I was hoping we'd sell over 1,000 for this one but our cup game seems to have deflated a few.

I was thinking along the same lines of at least 1,000 going up to Wigan. I guess the trouble with having Ipswich, Wigan and Sunderland all crammed in within 1 month is going to test how deep some supporters pockets are - especially in November and 4/5 weeks from Christmas.

MK Dons the week after Sunderland will most probably draw a good away following too. Some will simply have to pick and choose their games.

I was thinking along the same lines of at least 1,000 going up to Wigan. I guess the trouble with having Ipswich, Wigan and Sunderland all crammed in within 1 month is going to test how deep some supporters pockets are - especially in November and 4/5 weeks from Christmas.

MK Dons the week after Sunderland will most probably draw a good away following too. Some will simply have to pick and choose their games.
I
Can anyone recommend a decent watering hole for pre match drink please?

I wanted to go to Ipswich also but decided on Wigan and MK due to costs. As you say its a shame because they are all around the same time.
Let's hope for another away day like Hillsborough come Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom