Away Match Day Thread +++ 20/11/2018 Forest Green Rovers vs OUFC FAC 1st Replay +++

What a ridiculous comment. Really very odd.
We have conceded what 4 goals in 8 games before today and KR is criticised for his defensive picks?
Long one of our 6 best defenders. What rubbish. McMahon was involved in most of the games when we haven't conceded.
Robinson lives having Eastwood, Nelson, Dickie, Ruffels and Mousinho in his team. Isn't that obvious?
Or was that a wind up (I can only believe it is)

McMahon is an excellent crosser of the ball =-providing he doesn't have to do it on the run. He also gets a nosebleed if he has to run into the opposition half. As for Luke Garbage - enough said. Or perhaps you think he's better than Ruffels?

Special mention for the defence tonight...

Not been Garbutt's biggest fan (has anyone?) but he really grew into the game tonight, looked good in the second half. Hanson at right back too I thought had a very decent game. Rob Dickie was playing like Harry Maguire, he's got some seriously quick feet on him when he's bringing the ball out. Nelson was back to his solid self, although there was one moment I remember him misjudging a ball coming in.

Another clean sheet although I think I have frostbite after that, worth it.

Special mention for the defence tonight...

Not been Garbutt's biggest fan (has anyone?) but he really grew into the game tonight, looked good in the second half. Hanson at right back too I thought had a very decent game. Rob Dickie was playing like Harry Maguire, he's got some seriously quick feet on him when he's bringing the ball out. Nelson was back to his solid self, although there was one moment I remember him misjudging a ball coming in.

Another clean sheet although I think I have frostbite after that, worth it.
Dickie’s improvement over recent matches had been remarkable. Credit to him.

McMahon is an excellent crosser of the ball =-providing he doesn't have to do it on the run. He also gets a nosebleed if he has to run into the opposition half. As for Luke Garbage - enough said. Or perhaps you think he's better than Ruffels?
I was saying that McMahon was part of the team that had 5 clean sheets in 7 games which suggested a defender and part of the back 4 he had done well.
No I don't think that Garbutt is better than Ruffels.
But the implication that KR was what an idiot for leaving out Long and moving Ruffels (who KR doesn't like as he didn't sign them - even if he played all of them last night) was a bit of a joke in my view.
From RO and those who went it sounds like Hanson was very good at RB and the defence was good again regardless if who KR signed.

Well I fell asleep about 15 minutes into the game. Safe to say I feel very refreshed this morning but I missed all the bloody goals... YESSSS!! YESSSS!!! YESSSS!! Get in there!! Better late than never.

Good result and it gets us in the hat for Round 2. In terms of cup runs, we’re doing what I wanted us to do this season as I always thought we’re not good enough to bother the playoff positions this season – navigate a few rounds, draw a big team (Man City) and use the EFL Trophy to try things out and blood a few youngsters.

Whilst the unbeaten run is impressive, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The first quarter of the season saw us pick up six points from 36 – we pissed away opportunities to have a contingency. We’re in the ascendancy at present but a solitary defeat throws us back into the relegation zone. We don’t have enough on the board to pretend we’re somehow world beaters.

Still, credit where it’s due. KR has turned us around. We need a few more wins before we can start resting easier. Bradford are the perfect side to go for on Saturday to further prove what we’ve been seeing in recent weeks.

Good result and it gets us in the hat for Round 2. In terms of cup runs, we’re doing what I wanted us to do this season as I always thought we’re not good enough to bother the playoff positions this season – navigate a few rounds, draw a big team (Man City) and use the EFL Trophy to try things out and blood a few youngsters.

Whilst the unbeaten run is impressive, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The first quarter of the season saw us pick up six points from 36 – we pissed away opportunities to have a contingency. We’re in the ascendancy at present but a solitary defeat throws us back into the relegation zone. We don’t have enough on the board to pretend we’re somehow world beaters.

Still, credit where it’s due. KR has turned us around. We need a few more wins before we can start resting easier. Bradford are the perfect side to go for on Saturday to further prove what we’ve been seeing in recent weeks.
We are OUT of the hat for Round 2.

Think my fingers have thawed out enough to type a few comments. Thought Mous led the team well. Ruffels had a good game, made the first two goals. Garbutt was good going forwards but looks risky defensively, Hanson was OK defensively but doesn't seem able to pass the ball forwards. Can't see how he can play RB ahead of Long and Norman. The goalscorers took their chances well. And it was COLD.

Back
Top Bottom