Away Match Day Thread +++ 20/11/2018 Forest Green Rovers vs OUFC FAC 1st Replay +++

Think my fingers have thawed out enough to type a few comments. Thought Mous led the team well. Ruffels had a good game, made the first two goals. Garbutt was good going forwards but looks risky defensively, Hanson was OK defensively but doesn't seem able to pass the ball forwards. Can't see how he can play RB ahead of Long and Norman. The goalscorers took their chances well. And it was COLD.
I take my hat off to you on making that trip on such a miserable night. Over 500 is just unbelievable considering no glamorous 2nd round tie as an incentive. There is a certain magic about the FA Cup, contrary to what some may say on this Forum. Its all about tradition and long may it continue.

Former Oxford youth teamer (2 senior apps) James Dobson got Slough's equaliser last night against Sutton Utd, before getting one of the penalties in the shootout at the end. Has scored 59 goals in 176 appearances for them. Next up in Round 2 for them are Doncaster - good luck!!
Max Crocombe likely to be on bench tonight for Salford against Shrewsbury in 1st round replay.
Sam Deering (Billericay) and Josh ashby (City) bowed out last night.

250 Round trip well worth it. Simply a different team again in the second half.
Poor old Archibald, thought he had escaped his Oxford admirer's, only to put onto the opposite wing, i.e. back by the Oxford fans for the second half. His manager must like to see him suffer.

How on earth did that Oxford fan get into the empty stand, with his traffic cone trumpet??

Last edited:
Are there any highlights of the game? There's nothing on official site

Back
Top Bottom