Home Match Day Thread 19/03/2022 L1: OUFC Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNally gets a run on Ipswich centre back Cameron Burgess and powers in an unstoppable header.
Fellow Town defender Woolfenden loses his head and volleys the ball at the celebrating Taylor leaving Sykes to
remonstrate with half the Ipswich team. Man of the match Burns stands on the goal line in complete disbelief.

And then on the goal cam you can see another of our players confront that Ipswich player (no 6 I think -Woolfenden?) and a bit of handbags happening - good to see our players looking out for each other!💛
Screenshot_20220320-113354_Twitter.jpg
Love this picture of Sykesy taking half their team on singlehandedly until reinforcements arrived!!

Possibly the luckiest point this milllenium. Most of the team had absolute stinkers. Every time Sykes got the ball clear message was , I’m getting rid, I want to make my international debut next week.

McGuane , oh dear.

Would absolve Eastwood, Long and Kane from criticism.

Ipswich mobile and impressive defensively.

But couldn’t cope with the Formula 1 giraffe.. What a moment that was.
Two poor performances on the trot from Sykes which is uncharacteristic. Agree that Long and Kane together with Eastwood were our top performers.
Thought Ipswich were very good and I can see them beating Plymouth on Saturday if Morsy starts and also Bonne comes in up front.

That was live football at its best yesterday you could never get feelings like that from your sofa from th disappointment to thinking we've lost to then super Luke McNally scoring absolutely amazing
Have to disagree from a personal point of view, when our goal went in I leapt from the sofa did a weird little dance as well and i've got DVT and a clot on my Lungs.

As has been said before, sometimes even though it's obvious what needs changing, the changes come too late, and are often wrong, and sometimes it's almost as though the substitutions have already been decided before a ball has even been kikicked.
Don't we have one of the best goalscoring records in the Country, many of which come from substitutes?
I would say that normally the substitutions are proved to be right..

McNally gets a run on Ipswich centre back Cameron Burgess and powers in an unstoppable header.
Fellow Town defender Woolfenden loses his head and volleys the ball at the celebrating Taylor leaving Sykes to
remonstrate with half the Ipswich team. Man of the match Burns stands on the goal line in complete disbelief.
Burns is absolutely stunned and dejected. He’d played well and without cheating or whinging. I have some empathy on a personal level but the same thing happens to us, he’ll move on and hopefully beat Plymouth

Don't we have one of the best goalscoring records in the Country, many of which come from substitutes?
Have you got the stats of how many of our goals are scored by substitutes compared to other teams or is that pure conjecture?

I wonder if we’ll see Smyth this season? We didn’t have anyone who could shore up the midfield

Have you got the stats of how many of our goals are scored by substitutes compared to other teams or is that pure conjecture?
By definition if we have one of the best records in the Country at scoring late goals, it does suggest that the substitutions are good surely?
Winners have been scored by Winnall v Sheff Wed, Holland v Pompey, Henry at MK, Brown at Crewe.
I am suggesting that generally our substitutions are very good.

Watching the stunned silent statues in the away end was pure joy, that was worth my season ticket, that and the winner against Pompey.

Burns is absolutely stunned and dejected. He’d played well and without cheating or whinging. I have some empathy on a personal level but the same thing happens to us, he’ll move on and hopefully beat Plymouth
What's this love in with Burns about? He dived and rolled around on the floor about five separate times in the first 30 minutes of the game, one of their worst offenders for it in fact. No sympathy for anyone associated with Ipswich yesterday, and the undeserved last gasp equaliser was made all the sweeter for it. They can shove that bloody drum up their a**e.

Amusing that you think you know better than the pros.
As one of the only people remotely qualified to say this in terms of seeing things up close every day: you would be incredibly surprised. I don’t like the notion that if you don’t do a job already you can never have an idea better than somebody who does. It’s patently untrue in any industry.

Unless it’s me doing the job and then I’ve already figured out the best way to do it so shut up.

Watching the goal cam did make me feel a twinge of sympathy for Burns. That was a stunning performance from him - one of the best individual performances from an opposition player at our place I’ve seen certainly this season.
I must confess I don't really recall him from when he played for us. Was he any good back then?

Yep, there was a few Ipswich thugs looking for a fight on the way through under the railway bridge to Littlemore. They were shouting and pointing towards us, a few of us told them to grow up as most of us have our kids with us, police must of been called prior though as police car came charging down Minchery farm Road to disperse them. Most other clubs thugs are respectable that you don't start on shirters or familys and take it away from the crowds but these morons have no morals obviously.
The award for "cringiest casuals of the season" either goes to Bolton for having a "mob" of literal teenagers making gestures at Oxford fans waiting at a bus stop, or Charlton's fat, ill-dressed crew of about 5 fat losers looking to start on any Oxford fan behind a line of literal police horses in total safety after we humped them 4-0. I'm no fan of football violence but some of them almost deserve a good kicking.

What a t**t that Ipswich player is

Two poor performances on the trot from Sykes which is uncharacteristic. Agree that Long and Kane together with Eastwood were our top performers.
Thought Ipswich were very good and I can see them beating Plymouth on Saturday if Morsy starts and also Bonne comes in up front.
A daw would be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom