Home Match Build Up 19/03/2022 L1: OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Mr angry in pink will be going tomorrow, if so I hope he has the directions to the a**e end of nowhere 🤣
Boring Boring Oxford

There are also roadworks in Cowley by the junction of Cowley, Oxford and Marsh roads. Where the Exeter Hall used to be. They've been causing delays most of the week

There are also roadworks in Cowley by the junction of Cowley, Oxford and Marsh roads. Where the Exeter Hall used to be. They've been causing delays most of the week
the weekday ( & sometimes overnight) 'Marsh Lane' delays, due to lengthy road works and resurfacing , thankfully seem to be suspended over most weekends .... fingers crossed they are this weekend with the A34 closed (southbound) 'in' Oxford

Just 1 goal conceded in the last 8 games.
No wins against a top 7 side this season P10-D6-L4

View attachment 8495

Worth pointing out, though, that they only scored 9 goals in those 8 games, despite six of those opponents being in the bottom half.

We've only played six of those corresponding fixtures (Morecambe & Fleetwood away are still to come), but in those six fixtures we picked up as many points as they did in all eight (i.e. 16 pts) and scored 15 goals.

In conclusion.....we're better than Ipswich! And Saturday is the chance to hammer in the final nail in the coffin of their season!

Worth pointing out, though, that they only scored 9 goals in those 8 games, despite six of those opponents being in the bottom half.

We've only played six of those corresponding fixtures (Morecambe & Fleetwood away are still to come), but in those six fixtures we picked up as many points as they did in all eight (i.e. 16 pts) and scored 15 goals.

In conclusion.....we're better than Ipswich! And Saturday is the chance to hammer in the final nail in the coffin of their season!
Here's hoping we do .... I've had a bit of a dislike (that's all, nowt more) for Ipswich, going back to a season when they were promoted ( I think? ), they played the U's at the Manor on the last game of the season.... for a reason best known to TVP themselves, Oxford supporters were not permitted on the pitch at the final while, while the visiting hordes of Suffolk farmers were dancing about on OUR pitch ...yes, illogical I know, as it wasn't even down to Ipswich, but a decision made by (presumably) TVP & The club (OUFC). But, nonetheless, I've had a dislike of them since
And I can't remember the result of the game, or the date/ year.

for younger YF posters,- it was during a time when, at the last home game of the season, there seemed to always be a mini-pitch invasion by home fans

Can`t argue with any off that :)

Score prediction ?

Here's hoping we do .... I've had a bit of a dislike (that's all, nowt more) for Ipswich, going back to a season when they were promoted ( I think? ), they played the U's at the Manor on the last game of the season.... for a reason best known to TVP themselves, Oxford supporters were not permitted on the pitch at the final while, while the visiting hordes of Suffolk farmers were dancing about on OUR pitch ...yes, illogical I know, as it wasn't even down to Ipswich, but a decision made by (presumably) TVP & The club (OUFC). But, nonetheless, I've had a dislike of them since

for younger YF posters,- it was during a time when, at the last home game of the season, there seemed to always be a mini-pitch invasion by home fans

That was the game before that Tranmere game, attendance of 10.528, our highest at home against them currently.

A Neil Slatter late winner would suit me.

Yes - great memories of 23 November 1985 at the Manor when we were 0-3 down to Ipswich and won 4-3 with an Aldridge hat-trick and Slatter's late winner. Little did we know how important that would be at the time as we finished 18th with 42 pts and Ipswich finished 20th and were relegated with 41 points.

I can't think of any other game we have won from 3 goals down since I started watching the Yellows in 1980.

Yeah I remember that. Almost as bad as giving Orient the whole North Stand at the Kassam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom