Home Match Build Up 19/03/2022 L1: OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkG

Leaving the ticket sales to its own thread.

Type of game we can’t afford to lose.

Eastwood
Williams McNally Long Seddon
McGuane Kane Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Whyte

Just 1 goal conceded in the last 8 games.
No wins against a top 7 side this season P10-D6-L4

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 09-39-15 Ipswich Town statistics latest results and form 2021_2022.png

Well Shrewsbury had a very good defensive record.
They have a decent recent run but draws v Morecambe and Cheltenham are hardly promotion form ( as they are so far behind)

True and true, i`m just throwing some stats that i thought were maybe worth noting into the ring.
Trouble is we have a habit of breaking other trends...
Thats the old us, the new us will win this one 4-2 and smash that defensive record to smithereens.

They are a very negative side, basically a s**t George Graham era Arsenal but you have to fancy a free flowing attacking team like ourselves to notch a couple against them, 2-0 with Taylor and Whyte getting them.

Score early in the first half, fall behind early second half, panic for 20 minutes, score 2 in the last 20 to win 3-2. This is the way.

They are a very negative side, basically a s**t George Graham era Arsenal but you have to fancy a free flowing attacking team like ourselves to notch a couple against them, 2-0 with Taylor and Whyte getting them.
Are they? They have about ten expensive forwards though?

Score early in the first half, fall behind early second half, panic for 20 minutes, score 2 in the last 20 to win 3-2. This is the way.
Nah, games don't go like that in real life....

I think it will be the biggest home attendance of the season but the game will finish 0-0 both teams cancelling each other out

Woah hang on there, if we learned anything at Portman Road earlier in the season, it is that it is us who are the boring, negative George Graham side, they are pretty much Brazil 1982.

I think it will be the biggest home attendance of the season but the game will finish 0-0 both teams cancelling each other out
In the last 10 games, we have failed to score in just one game (Accrington) and the two games when we have kept clean sheets have both been away (Crewe and Charlton) when we are a bit less gung-ho than at home. We last drew 0-0 at the end of November (Rotherham at home).

Stranger things have happened of course, but you'd bet a few quid on seeing some goals!

In the last 10 games, we have failed to score in just one game (Accrington) and the two games when we have kept clean sheets have both been away (Crewe and Charlton) when we are a bit less gung-ho than at home. We last drew 0-0 at the end of November (Rotherham at home).

Stranger things have happened of course, but you'd bet a few quid on seeing some goals!
Since Ipswich have been relegated to league one how many times have we played them and it's finished 0-0 off the top of my head I can only remember there being a goal is when we won 0-1 Taylor scored a couple of season ago 🤔

So I just checked and out of our last 5 meetings there only been 1 goal

Since Ipswich have been relegated to league one how many times have we played them and it's finished 0-0 off the top of my head I can only remember there being a goal is when we won 0-1 Taylor scored a couple of season ago 🤔
Ah but now we are the Harlem Globetrotters of League 1 - a poor (and porous) defence but goals a-plenty.

It'll be 11-5 to us, get down the bookies!

I'm a bit worried that assuming we still have our absences from last week, that Ipswich will have a game plan to flood our weakened defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom