Home Match Day Thread 19/03/2022 L1: OUFC Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
The description under the Joe Pigott photo is a beauty as well with the comment about being fouled again like they were hard done by
I don't quite get the 'really attractive football' comment either.
I thought that generally Ipswich tried to stop us playing. They were very well organised, powerful and did a lot of things well ( especially after bringing the 2 substitutions on). But I would hardly call their display as attractive let alone 'really attractive'
9 teams have scored more than their 58 goals.

Last edited:
I don't quite get the 'really attractive football' comment either.
I thought that generally Ipswich tried to stop us playing. They were very well organised, powerful and did a lot of things well ( especially after bringing the 2 substitutions on). But I would hardly call their display as attractive let alone 'really attractive'
9 teams have scorer more than their 58 goals.
I'd go so far as to say they were pretty boring! The sort of team that wins the league by winning most away games 0-1

My physio has been an ipswich town supporter ever since she was a little girl ...yep she was at the game on saturday...i have a physio appt tomorrow morning ....think I may be on the receiving end of a bit of a extra hard pummelling

My physio has been an ipswich town supporter ever since she was a little girl ...yep she was at the game on saturday...i have a physio appt tomorrow morning ....think I may be on the receiving end of a bit of a extra hard pummelling

b7d77aff148ad447049cd5b6efa0e4df.jpg

Just start talking about excellent delivery at corners and centre backs leaping like a salmon.

How can an ITFC fan not know the reasons behind the chant!

Tinpot supporting you could argue!

Apparently they sing it to most teams that visit Portman Road. Ironic given their scoring record and their strongest area probably being central Defence.

They’ve seen us on two bad days this season but I’d imagine a quick look at the league table and the goals scored column would mean most intelligent Ipswich fans can work out the reality.

We play some of the most attractive stuff as recognized by most managers who do pre match interviews on us.

I have a Brit friend out here who is a diehard Ipswich fan and he is pretty level headed on where they’re at right now. They’re on an upward curve but their expensive squad hasn’t quite got there yet.

I would say you lot should show a bit more respect on the big club thing…they’re ranked higher than Brighton and Cardiff in 90 mins magazine

Last edited:
I'd go so far as to say they were pretty boring! The sort of team that wins the league by winning most away games 0-1

If this McKenna guy sticks around, then I suspect Ipswich will be a force next season.
They were boring, but they were clearly well coached and had the correct strategy to play against us, as well as being a big and powerful side.
They reminded me quite a bit of Rotherham, and the reason they're not going to the playoffs (at least) this season is because their defense was an utter circus at the beginning of the season under Paul Cook, and they dug themselves too deep a hole.

But hopefully we won't be around to have to worry about them!

If this McKenna guy sticks around, then I suspect Ipswich will be a force next season.
They were boring, but they were clearly well coached and had the correct strategy to play against us, as well as being a big and powerful side.
They reminded me quite a bit of Rotherham, and the reason they're not going to the playoffs (at least) this season is because their defense was an utter circus at the beginning of the season under Paul Cook, and they dug themselves too deep a hole.

But hopefully we won't be around to have to worry about them!
Yes exactly, another Rotherham. Booooooring!

Apparently they sing it to most teams that visit Portman Road. Ironic given their scoring record and their strongest area probably being central Defence.

They’ve seen us on two bad days this season but I’d imagine a quick look at the league table and the goals scored column would mean most intelligent Ipswich fans can work out the reality.

We play some of the most attractive stuff as recognized by most managers who do pre match interviews on us.

I have a Brit friend out here who is a diehard Ipswich fan and he is pretty level headed on where they’re at right now. They’re on an upward curve but their expensive squad hasn’t quite got there yet.

I would say you lot should show a bit more respect on the big club thing…they’re ranked higher than Brighton and Cardiff in 90 mins magazine

Hmm Wimbledon are there but we aren’t? Obvs the whole thing is very impressionistic though good fun to discuss

Just watched the match replay on iFollow, some random thoughts.

Sam Morsey is a dirty b****r, how was he not booked?
Bonne should have had 2 yellows, Woolfenden straight red after our goal.
A few others constantly kicking the ball away after the whistle.
It was actually a lot windier than it looked at the match, though Ipswich did adapt better.

Do the refs roll a dice to decide the additional time?
6 subs, 3 bookings before 90 mins, 1 goal (which wasted 90 seconds), at least 2 physio stops for Brown another 3 minutes, yet only 5 minutes added on.
Not even any time added on for the time wasting.

Oh, and another thing, that win at Shrewsbury is looking even better, they had a great week.

Oh wow it's in 90 minutes must be true! Even if they are ranked in the top 50 biggest clubs, why should we show them more respect than say Crewe? The bigger you are the more respect we should give?

Really don't understand their Billy big B*****s attitude. Ipswich is an irrelevant town, our City is both beautiful and world famous. We've won a major honour and achieved a football league promotion more recently than them.

Really don't understand their Billy big B*****s attitude. Ipswich is an irrelevant town, our City is both beautiful and world famous. We've won a major honour and achieved a football league promotion more recently than them.
THey have won the top division, the FA cup and a Euro trophy in my lifetime and get twice our gates. They are a bigger club than us, certainly- whether or not that really matters.

Oh wow it's in 90 minutes must be true! Even if they are ranked in the top 50 biggest clubs, why should we show them more respect than say Crewe? The bigger you are the more respect we should give?

Think you’re taking this all a bit seriously.

They’re a bigger club than us but they’re not too big for this division . Their natural resting place is probably mid championship and ours is top half of league one.

The reality is they’re below us in this division and we’re last season too…because right now they’re not as good as us. League tables don’t tend to lie at this stage of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom