Home Match Day Thread 19/03/2022 L1: OUFC Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
And Match of the Day is...??

Of course it's the Mighty Yellows taking on The Tractor Boys. Definitely not going to be easy
but win today and we are heading for the play-offs. We are second in the form table and Ipswich are 4th. Should be a great match.
Not sure who is in or out today, just hope the defence hold everything nice and tight.

Don't forget:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1504767827567382528

Won't be there, got the dreaded double red line last Sunday and it hasn't gone away yet, which is a right royal pain in the backside and which has meant back to home teacher/teams engineer again as son went down with it too.

As for the game, can't see us not scoring, but can't see us not conceding either, so it'll either be 3-2 or 0-0.

Main question is how Sykes reacts to call up - will he maintain the recent commitment and maturity that got him the call or will that be all out the window, now he's 'made it'?

This is a big game, probably the biggets game of the season so far. A win and not only do we really cement outrplayoff place put finish Ipswich's season. And this is the Ipswich who were throwing money around for fun in the summer and started all the boring boring B*****s from when we played them! As @Ricky Otto says, a chorus of "Boring Boring Oxford" will be a beautiful way to send them off for another league 1 campaign!

We have to believe in ourselves and not worry too much about what they can do. We are above them in the league and the form guide and are scoring for fun. They may have only conceded 1 in the last 6, but we're a completely different proposition and if we play to our strengths then I don't think anyone will stop us scoring. An early goal and they have to come at us and we can pull them apart on the break.

3 - 1 Oxford, Taylor, Sykes and Whyte!

Just woke up and opened the blinds oh what a beautiful morning it is out there it's going to be a lovely day for watching the football
Yesterday I predicted 0-0 but sod that my new prediction is 4-1

Feeling quietly confident....tight & hard fought game until the last ten minutes, when the mighty U's plough through the tractor boys defence and notch up a 3-1 - Sykes, Brown & Whyte sharing the glory

Let's hope they keep up their goal record against us, whilst we continue our goal record as of late.

For those coming from Witney area its taken us 35 mins to get from Eynsham to city motors roundabout. Also now a broken down lorry at the traffic lights..

Biggest game of the season win this and I think three more wins we will make the play offs . Everything crossed 2-1 coyy

9747113e8d52be8400445db3acd26e04.jpg

For those coming from Witney area its taken us 35 mins to get from Eynsham to city motors roundabout. Also now a broken down lorry at the traffic lights..
Me grand daughter is being delivered to me( from Witney) in an hour or so .....cheers for heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom