Home Match Day Thread 19/03/2022 L1: OUFC Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they do, then on that showing,it will be there last
If we'd put our chances away in the first half when tbh Ipswich looked to me far from great then on that hoofing somewhat at times cumbersome first half town performance they could well still be there for a while longer than you think. A 2 nil to us scoreline first half would have produced a different gravy.

If they do, then on that showing,it will be there last

Were they really that great for the 95 minutes ? Looked good second half but even then I didn’t see Eastwood pulling off save after save. We should have been at least 1 up at the break, it seems to me people are only seeing the second 45 minutes - including their manager.

Were they really that great for the 95 minutes ? Looked good second half but even then I didn’t see Eastwood pulling off save after save. We should have been at least 1 up at the break, it seems to me people are only seeing the second 45 minutes - including their manager.

They won the midfield, completely and utterly in the second half. Meant that we never seemed to have any outlets and ended up just humping it forwards every time - and Matty T can hardly be expected to do much with those when at least one of those centre halfs was a head taller than him.

That being said, for all Ipswich's posession in good positions, they barely created any clear cut chances, the goal apart.

They won the midfield, completely and utterly in the second half. Meant that we never seemed to have any outlets and ended up just humping it forwards every time - and Matty T can hardly be expected to do much with those when at least one of those centre halfs was a head taller than him.

That being said, for all Ipswich's posession in good positions, they barely created any clear cut chances, the goal apart.
Yes we should have made a change before they scored, however there was hardly a break in play and we didn’t really have anyone very effective on the bench

There seem to be quite a few away fans in the home end today, quite open to the fact that they were too. There was even a family with young children, uncles, aunts, grandads, who were quite brazen and celebrated when they scored. The two who thought it was funny, sitting amongst the Oxford fans at the top of the North Stand, seemed to take a different view as they took quite a slap when they were taken out.
What ever happened to the golden rule of not celebrating and keeping quiet, that our fans observe at high Wycombe?

There seem to be quite a few away fans in the home end today, quite open to the fact that they were too. There was even a family with young children, uncles, aunts, grandads, who were quite brazen and celebrated when they scored. The two who thought it was funny, sitting amongst the Oxford fans at the top of the North Stand, seemed to take a different view as they took quite a slap when they were taken out.
What ever happened to the golden rule of not celebrating and keeping quiet, that our fans observe at high Wycombe?
'young children, uncles, aunts, grandads from the same family'! As a matter of interest, how many are you accurately talking about? I presume you're not exaggerating?

'young children, uncles, aunts, grandads from the same family'! As a matter of interest, how many are you accurately talking about? I presume you're not exaggerating?
No, there was a large family of all ages at the front of the north stand. They were asked to remove there Ipswich shirts before the match by Howard the steward.

No, there was a large family of all ages at the front of the north stand. They were asked to remove there Ipswich shirts before the match by Howard the steward.
What I don't understand is why they waited for the 80th minute to remove them. It was like watching a procession of audience participants from the tv show, "The Good Old Days." ( Google it or ask Mr. Manor lounger for a run down.)

Good old Howard pwoper old skool

FWIW I don't actually think Ipswich were that great but they nullified our threat by pushing high up onto Williams and Sykes and effectively man-marking Kane. On the ball they were poor and despite our struggles they rarely threatened our goal. We put so many balls straight onto the heads of their CBs rather than playing in behind them or into the channels which was incredibly frustrating.

Although they played too far apart and generally struggled, Whyte and Taylor were very much forced to feed off of scraps for most of the game. That said, Whyte had one glorious chance and one half chance and scuffed both into their keeper's hands. If he had put one away I think it might've been a much more comfortable afternoon.

It's crazy and a bit devastating to think that Henry, Browne, Baldock and Moore are still missing from this team. Where would we be if we had those four all fit and firing?

The remaining games this season are all absolutely huge. I'm really pleased we're again going into the latter stages of the season with it all to play for. Add to that this team has shown numerous times that it doesn't give up.

Playoffs here we come. COYY

We had more possession, more shots, more corners - and drew 1-1. Ipswich were, as I say, decent but let’s not go overboard.

I think Ipswich did their homework on us - they were pressing us high up the pitch so didn't let us get into a rhythm and get Brannagan on the ball to push us on. They were also tight on our wing backs who both did very little going forward.

The only time we looked dangerous was when we broke the press and got it into the feet of someone in the 10 role. We didn't do that at all in the second half - maybe due to Bodin tiring but we just resorted to long balls which kept coming back at us.

I thought Kane had a very good game. It was tight in there and he was constantly being pressed but he did keep recycling the ball well.

I think playig that formation does isolate the midfield 2. I thought McGuane looked good when he came on againat Shresbury (less so today) but would've maybe given him the start today ahead of Bodin. One of the key reasons we have Bodin on the pitch is for his set plays so why did we play a couple short today??

I was also surprised by how good Burns was. He's definitely put on some muscle since he was with us and had the beating of Williams today.

We've got 4 points from 2 without playing well.

Our problem when defending was again the link up between centre half’s and cdm. We end up with a gap there and with our attacking style Mcnally or long step into it, but with cover from the cdms that just leaves a bigger hole.

I thought Burns was outstanding. Willo got run ragged, but I don’t think there’s a player in our squad who could have done better and a lot who would have done worse.
I wouldn’t be surprised if KR was eyeing up Burns given our lack of right sided attacking players (#yesthatwasajoke).

Possibly the luckiest point this milllenium. Most of the team had absolute stinkers. Every time Sykes got the ball clear message was , I’m getting rid, I want to make my international debut next week.

McGuane , oh dear.

Would absolve Eastwood, Long and Kane from criticism.

Ipswich mobile and impressive defensively.

But couldn’t cope with the Formula 1 giraffe.. What a moment that was.

May me smile when some said our form is not good enough. Before yesterday we won 5out of 6 games😊. Iam looking forward to us with good form. 3more wins and a draw will make it. We will play better over the next few weeks . Still think Rotherham and Wigan will fill the main two places . But it's going to be exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom