Home Match Build Up 17/08/21 L1: OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Plenty of games to watch this month. Let's get some more points.

Looking forward to this game..... Ive a feeling its going to be an emphatic & comfortable home win....first clean sheet of the season, 3-0

Given last seasons home game v crewe covid shenanigans coupled with the recent covid situation (& isolations) at OUFC....is this match the covid clash?

Referee is Robert Madley

In 2 matches this season hes given out 9 yellow cards

Last season he officiated the home league game v Ipswich Town....and also the first leg of the l1 playoff semi final v Blackpool

Crewe have also lost a decent player to Charlton. They’ve got a good team though, but I would hope for a 2-0 win to us.
We have got goals through the team now

You would hope that we will have too much firepower for them.
At home too. A comfortable 2-0
and our first clean sheet of the season.

4 or 5 points from three games would be a meh start to the season, whereas 7 points and a cup run would be the start this squad has been needing for three seasons now.

Crewevid will be reasonable oppo, but should be there for the taking if we are going to contend this season.

4-1 Oxford; Taylor 2, Brannagan, Bodin

Don’t you dare screenshot this.

3-1 to us. Down 1-0 at half, KR puts a rocket up the butts and we smash them to pieces second half. Whyte, Taylor and CamBran goals.

Really looking forward to this. I love midweek home games, the atmosphere always seems to be better. I'm excited to see what team KR puts out. In the past few seasons when KR has rotated we have been weakened in some positions but I don't see it with this squad, especially in the midfield and forward positions. Crewe were right arseholes last season and need to be punished!! :D

Feels like a good time to play Crewe. They’ve lost a lot of good players (Ng, Pickering, Wintle, Kirk) since we played them at home last year. Tom Lowery isn’t being selected at the moment due to a contract dispute, new signing Tommie Hoban already wants to leave and Owen Dale went off in the first half on Saturday feeling ill apparently, so may not make it tomorrow night.

Should be another decent crowd, its still school holidays so bring the kids!!

I booked Blackpool for the week before the fixtures were released and didn't think we would have a midweek league game this early so 2 of us won't be there. Will be at the Lincoln home game though.

Does anyone know what time the car parks start filling up? I usually get the bus in but due to work I’ll have to drive so was just wondering how late I can arrive to guarantee a spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom