Away Match Day Thread 22/02/2022 L1: Crewe Alexandra v OUFC

The pitch was their 12th man. Slowing down the play, intercepting our through balls and generally harrying our midfield.
And yet I’m sure I saw someone yesterday on here or social media said the pitch looked in good condition.

My opinion for what it is worth, is that Kane is playing the typical defensive midfielder role that often gets over looked. He looks to break up play by hassling and rushing the opposition. He often picks the ball up deep off the centre backs and turns to look at the best passing option. That takes a few seconds longer than just pinging one-twos but it sometimes needs a more measured approach. His work rate allows for Williams, Sykes, Whyte, Brannagan, Taylor and Baldock to all play on the front foot. Yesterday for 30 minutes we were tearing them apart, and Kane was orchestrating much of that. Yes, he has misplaced passes and moments that are out of sync with the rest of the team, but who doesn't? Herbie brings out the best in others, and that is proving hugely successful.

really?? id suggest you probably dont watch us very often he's a hell of a player
You suggest very incorrectly.

If you read what I wrote, I said 'over the last few games'. I think there is a good player in there - but he has been rather disappointing recently. If you really think he's been as good recently as he was earlier in the season, then I'd 'suggest' you aren't watching properly.

Kane is still doing a good job but he's levelled out a bit. Looked outstanding, a real class above, when he first joined but I don't think any fan can seriously believes he's still performing to that initial level. Still worth his place but I don't think he's the shoe in he was after that first batch of matches. Unlike a lot of others I thought he was very good versus Bolton but been patchy either side of his suspension.

Not sure what game you were watching or if we’re talking about a different player but Marcus McGuane ran loads when he came on, pressed hard, kept the ball in the corner well and burst through on goal but was bundled over by the defender in the box (would have been a harsh penalty but I’ve seen them given) as well as did one superb turn and pass which set up a good chance.

No matter how he plays he seems to come in for far more criticism than any other player; I’ve seen him have objectively brilliant games and then come on here to read that he was below average or poor. He was good when he came on last night, I can’t see how anyone without an agenda or pre-conceived ideas would think that he wasn’t.
No agenda or pre conceived ideas here. Just say what I saw, and have seen over a number of games.
I didn't think he ran hard or pressed very much, and was strolling back when Crewe attacked. I wanted the extra player to come on in central midfield as I thought we were struggling in there, and I was pleased when he came on, but I wanted the player who can run rings around opposition players, control the game, hold on to the ball and take the pressure of the other midfielders (btw I thought Cam and Whyte were excellent last night).
I truly think there is a superb player in there but I want him to get on the ball, boss games, and show us what we hope he's capable of. I just haven't seen it yet.

Thought we would crush them but in the end i was relieved to come away with the three points.

Not complaining but i thought we were guilty of trying too hard, it all seemed a bit rushed when some
composure was needed, totally understandable in the circumstances and actually something to be
quite pleased about, its so flippin good to have people at the club that care and that want to part of
our story.

Thought we would crush them but in the end i was relieved to come away with the three points.

Not complaining but i thought we were guilty of trying too hard, it all seemed a bit rushed when some
composure was needed, totally understandable in the circumstances and actually something to be
quite pleased about, its so flippin good to have people at the club that care and that want to part of
our story.
We started so well but seemed to get discouraged when we didn't score. I guess you can only play like that for so long

Not sure what game you were watching or if we’re talking about a different player but Marcus McGuane ran loads when he came on, pressed hard, kept the ball in the corner well and burst through on goal but was bundled over by the defender in the box (would have been a harsh penalty but I’ve seen them given) as well as did one superb turn and pass which set up a good chance.

No matter how he plays he seems to come in for far more criticism than any other player; I’ve seen him have objectively brilliant games and then come on here to read that he was below average or poor. He was good when he came on last night, I can’t see how anyone without an agenda or pre-conceived ideas would think that he wasn’t.
There was one moment he was ambling back having just come on, letting a Crewe man just in front of him have the run of the midfield. Two minutes later, with a break in the game, Robinson was having an animated one-to-one chat! Afterwards, he did indeed start putting in more of a shift. No one doubts his talent, but he can be a frustrating player as can go missing and at times is lightweight.

Were you on a VPN and it was telling you that you were not entitled to view it. I was having a similar problem recently, found that using control shift delete and deleting cookies and history, after i have rebooted laptop. Then choose a country, then log in on Chrome seems to have fixed it for me. If I use the laptop for looking at emails and the like I get banged out numerous times during the game if I don't do this. Hope it helps.
I was on a new smart tv.

I was on a new smart tv.
On Saturday Ifollow on my smart tv shat itself a few times (once for our 4th :( ). Happened once last night. It hasn’t happened on my laptop for about a year so I think it’s my tech rather than Ifollow fault as such.

Feels like a really important win.

The majority of clubs are now playing twice a week until the end of the season. Heavier pitches, injuries, suspension, and overall quality and depth of squad are all going to play an important part as to who makes the playoffs and who doesnt.

Where he can, I reckon Robinson will freshen things up a little bit against Cambridge on Saturday.

Henry and Browne may not start Saturday but both will play their part in the next few weeks.

I was on a new smart tv.
Difficult to diagnose the problem if you are using a smart tv. On my fire stick sometimes I need to set it to “Desktop Mode” so it displays the webpages it would to a computer rather than a phone version.

Back
Top Bottom