Home Match Day Thread 17/08/21 L1: OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referee Robert “ Bobby “ Madley takes charge of tonight’s Oxford v Crewe clash.
Madley, 35 is West Yorkshire based and last took charge of the U’s in the 0-3 first leg play-off
defeat to Blackpool on May 18th.

He also refereed the 0-0 home draw with Ipswich on December 1st 2020.

In his first two games this season he has dished out nine yellow cards.

DlPELY4U0AI0S_b

IMAGE FROM THE PAST : OCTOBER 3rd 2020

Oxford v Crewe is called off at the 11th hour after the Railwaymen reveal Covid-19 has hit their squad.

EjbHTzgXsAAv6yf

Mustn’t underestimate Crewe, this will be no 6 0 again
Hoping we create as many chances as we did against Charlton and a 2 0 win

Although the vaccination centre as the breeze block will be 'closed' this evening. ..there will be pcr test kits on site, crewe squad and staff should be pcr tested before they get off thier team coach given their history with covid infection?.....reckon itll be a decent home win under lights ..... 3-0

Last edited:
Good morning all! (Well is pm here now).

A decent start so far and hoping we can continue the momentum. We look very dangerous going forward, a win would be great. 3-1 Taylor, Whyte and Henry.

(Looking forward to being back in the UK (Finally!) for the Lincoln game!)

Compared to their squad last season Crewe look like they have a relegation battle up ahead, but I don't think this'll be an easy game by any means (no game is this year). Reckon we try and keep momentum and play a mostly unchanged side - which also gives Moore, Forde and Long more recovery time. Read somewhere Sykes might be out for tonight so Holland in with Taylor in ST. 2-0, Taylor and Cam with the goals.

Stevens
Williams McNally Thornily Seddon
Gorrin
CamBran Henry
Whyte Taylor Holland

Always a bit cautious with Crewe - we've had good results (ie 0 -6!) and also been turned over at home. I see our overall record is 7 wins, 7 losses and 5 draw.

Stevens
Williams Moore Thorniley Seddon
Gorrin
Brannagan McGuane
Whyte Taylor Holland

4 - 0 Oxford! Taylor x 2, Moore and Bodin coming on as a sub!

Compared to their squad last season Crewe look like they have a relegation battle up ahead, but I don't think this'll be an easy game by any means (no game is this year). Reckon we try and keep momentum and play a mostly unchanged side - which also gives Moore, Forde and Long more recovery time. Read somewhere Sykes might be out for tonight so Holland in with Taylor in ST. 2-0, Taylor and Cam with the goals.

Stevens
Williams McNally Thornily Seddon
Gorrin
CamBran Henry
Whyte Taylor Holland

I spent 2-3 mins looking at that lineup and thinking who the hell is this Williams at RB?!! It just didn’t click straight away and I thought for a second we’d signed someone overnight!! 😆

Afterwards made me think of Brett Williams we had in defence many yrs ago, Welsh international maybe?

I spent 2-3 mins looking at that lineup and thinking who the hell is this Williams at RB?!! It just didn’t click straight away and I thought for a second we’d signed someone overnight!! 😆

Afterwards made me think of Brett Williams we had in defence many yrs ago, Welsh international maybe?
On loan from Forest , don't think he was Welsh and didn't have much of a career I dont think afterwards . Looked decent for us if I recall .

I’d take 1-0 just to keep the wins going.
6-0 I’m sure it won’t be

Referee Robert “ Bobby “ Madley takes charge of tonight’s Oxford v Crewe clash.
Madley, 35 is West Yorkshire based and last took charge of the U’s in the 0-3 first leg play-off
defeat to Blackpool on May 18th.

He also refereed the 0-0 home draw with Ipswich on December 1st 2020.

In his first two games this season he has dished out nine yellow cards.

DlPELY4U0AI0S_b
Hard paper round if indeed 35...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom