Away Match Day Thread 22/02/2022 L1: Crewe Alexandra v OUFC

I'll be happy with a win, but even happier if we end the game with no injuries. It's going to be a mess on that pitch.

Having just watched the whole match replay surely Karl is going to keep that system. Sykes and Williams were sensational really deserved that goal they nearly conjured up at the end. And then there was Sykes brilliiant slalom as well. Got to show him some serious money. Baldock and Taylor was another success along with everyone else! Surely we will be too good for Crewe we dont look like a team that is going to rest on its laurels with CB in our lineup. He was also brilliant. COYY

Hopefully "Twosday" isn't Crewe's day.
I'll be in for the second half, but have nothing against us being two up by then.
Will be tight though. Let's have another clean sheet!

Would love another clean sheet. We have to keep the same shape as Saturday.

Hopefully this won’t be a Wimbledon/ Cheltenham scenario where we were allowed to play our game and then came up a team who wouldn’t
And I hope it’s not an Accy type of game
Having said that let’s hope we’ve learnt a lessons
Think we can come away with a win 2-1

0-5 f**k it we go 3 up in the first 25mins and then take it easy it could be a cricket score but we don't want to embarrass Crewe to.much
Taylor x3 baldock brannagan
COYY

As long as we don`t lose.

And if we do, does it really matter considering recent events?

I`ve not felt so "meh" about a game for a very long time.

Any sort of win will do. Wycombe are playing Wigan tonight so let's be in a position to capitalise on one or both of them dropping points.

I'd rotate the team a bit, Seddon back in, Williams to right wing back, move Skyes forward, Brown in, Forde holding, Holland starting and Winnall playing 90 mins with Baldock and Taylor each playing 45 mins. That should be good enough to beat Crewe and keep players fresh for Saturday.

Last edited:
Any sort of win will do. Wycombe are playing Wigan tonight so let's be in a position to capitalise on one or both of them dropping points.

I'd rotate the team a bit, Seddon back in, Williams to right wing back, move Skyes forward, Brown in, Forde holding, Holland starting and Winnall playing 90 mins with Baldock and Taylor each playing 45 mins. That should be good enough to beat Crewe and keep players fresh for Saturday.
I like your thinking JLB, but I don't think five changes from Saturday's starting line up is likely to happen.

It’s ‘crunch time’ st the Mornflake Stadium ( what terrible name will our new ground get saddled with?). I don’t think it will be a romp but we will surely be too good. 1-0 win, Taylor.

3-0 win.

Don’t change too much from Saturday. Certainly don’t play Seddon as someone else has suggested.

Let’s get a win for Joey tonight. Come on lads.

575 of us the away end.

How confident is everyone that the game will be on?

Back
Top Bottom