Away Match Day Thread 22/02/2022 L1: Crewe Alexandra v OUFC

Looks a good signing and certainly doesn't look your typical 32 year old just seeing out his days in the lower leagues. He snatched at that chance last night though and at the very least has got to be hitting the target from there.

I’m glad we got Baldock over Defoe

We got the job done last night. Tired players on a difficult pitch didn't help. No one will remember this game but we got three points and that's all that matters!

Kane is still doing a good job but he's levelled out a bit. Looked outstanding, a real class above, when he first joined but I don't think any fan can seriously believes he's still performing to that initial level. Still worth his place but I don't think he's the shoe in he was after that first batch of matches. Unlike a lot of others I thought he was very good versus Bolton but been patchy either side of his suspension.
Against Bolton I was just amazed at the number of times he was able to intercept passes that I thought he had no right to get to at all.

He'd then turn with superb close control to get away from the crowd and make space for himself.

Then he'd pass to no one, or worse, to a Bolton player. Wasn't just once either. Very confusing, seems to be doing it since coming back from suspension.

You suggest very incorrectly.

If you read what I wrote, I said 'over the last few games'. I think there is a good player in there - but he has been rather disappointing recently. If you really think he's been as good recently as he was earlier in the season, then I'd 'suggest' you aren't watching properly.
mate you cant play exceptional every single game were oxford united not liverpool or man city! hes been great all season and we are a far better team with kane in it.

I’m talking about our goal scorer last night in above post. not our glove wearing midfield maestro.

FWIW separately McGuane played well enough last night but wished he stayed on his feet more.
Marcus McQuane
Marcus Browne
Ciaron Brown

Hopefully Bodin will be back for Cambridge. Missed his dead ball delivery last night.
Hard question is who misses out for Bodin? Obvious answers are Whyte or one of the front two and all 3 are on form right now so someone will be upset. Great dilemma to have

3-4-2-1 perhaps?

Sounds like an ideal alternative to Gorrin. Any chance we can sign the pitch in the summer, to bring on for the last twenty minutes when we’re winning?
Only if pitch is prepared to play on the wing.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Back
Top Bottom